• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx Torbusto Reserve

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
Reaction score
During the little herf JimK and I had I choose the Onyx Torbusto Reserve. For the price its a go to cigar that can't be beat.

The taste and Aroma were great. Although I have yet to experience this with any Onyx I have tried in the past this one had a slightly tight draw. The Onyx Reserve #4 is a one of the better smokes in the Onyx line that I have frequented. If you get the chance and want a semi cheap smoke try an Onyx.

Brad

I agree that Onyx Reserve is a good cigar at a good price.
Tonydogs

I find that 5 out of 10 have a tighter draw than I prefer. that can be fixed by dry boxing it for 8 or so hours before smoking it.

Dry boxing is good if you have the time and means to do so. Unfortunately I was at a cigar bar. It was still a good smoke and just lasted longer :)

I too have had draw problems with their torbustos...ive found that if you clip a slight bit more off the cap that it usually helps out ALOT but sometimes can lead to a unwraveling wrapper! Good tasting smoke though!

I just got bombed with one of those a little while ago...I'm going to let it sit for a while and then fire it up. I haven't smoked an Onyx for quite a while, so I'm looking forward to the torbusto.
Thanks for reminding me. :)

-Fetter :thumbs:

I've smoked a few of these and about a quarter of them had a tighter draw than what I like, although I still enjoyed the smoke.

Just got some of the Onyx Reserve Toros. (from www.tarheelcigars.com)
OnyxSC.gif
onyxplain.jpg

I'd have to wholehearted agree with those previous posters. These are a great smoke. Great light, very smooth creamy flavor, excellent draw and burn, I'd have to give it a solid 4 on my scale.
onyx.jpg

FYI my evaluation scale. I know its not the most elaborate but it works for me:

*****(5). Order more now, and keep on hand.
****(4). Order some, when I want a little variety in the humidor.
***(3). I'd smoke it if it was handed to me.
**(2). Keep to give to moochers
*(1). Dog Rocket - Stay away from these.

I've smoked alot of Onyx Reserve and have had at least half of them have a tight draw. When they are drawing properly these are great smoke, but I shy away from buying them anymore because of the consistent draw issues.