• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx

Apathy78

I tried one of these over the weekend with a few glasses of Lagavulin 16yr.
Let me start off by saying that I know nothing about cigars.
Having said that, this is what I thought of the Onyx;
It was a pretty smooth cigar with a good smokey taste to it. I would have liked it to be a bit stronger tasting though. It burned real well and went great with the scotch.
Has anyone tried this cigar and if so what do you think of it?

I love them! I have a box on Onyx Reserve Mini Belicosos in my humi right now. At 3bucks a stick they are a Great smoke for the price.

Not really my cup of tea anymore, but I still think they're pretty decent cigars for the money. I've got 4 or 5 left from a box that I bought a couple years ago.

I smoked quite a few of the mini belicosos when I was first getting serious about cigars. I haven't had one in about a year now, so I'll have to pull one from the humi and see how they are smoking these days. I can't recall the flavor profile, but I do remember enjoying them at the time.

Onyx arent bad cigars. If youre looking for a "souped up" version of this cigar try a Trinidad Maduro. Great smoke, around the $10 range.

The Onyx was one of two of the first hand-rolled cigars that I ever smoked. If it wasn't a good cigar, I might not have learned of the joy of cigars. :D

Good deal. Thanks for the replies.
Now I just need to get some more Lagavulin to go with my next cigar.
My next cigar will be a Punch since it is sitting on my counter waiting to be smoked. :D
After that I might try that Trinidad Maduro since I think a heavier cigar will complement the scotch ever more.

This is a staple in my humidor. I regularly order the #2 Belicoso as my "everyday" smoke. As previously mentioned the price is right and the smoke, construction and black-as-coal appearance are great. As a matter of fact if you look back to the late 90's early 2000's the cigar consistently received a 90+ rating, and one year even got a 94(unheard of in anything not ISOM). You have great taste!

Onyx Belis are my favorite as well. I have had mine with Glenfiddich 12yr and found it to be very complimentary. Haven't tried it with the 15yr, though I suspect nothing major.

I am pretty sure now that I will be buying these by the box.

I have never heard anyone say they didn't like the Onyx, like them myself, they are a good cigar for the $. I do prefer the R&J Reserve Maduro a little more though and they are not that much more $.. :)

Onyx arent bad cigars. If youre looking for a "souped up" version of this cigar try a Trinidad Maduro. Great smoke, around the $10 range.

I agree 110% without a doubt... The onyx reserve robusto is mo everyday, go-to stogey though...