• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

opinion on puros indios cigars

cigarsarge

BOHICA
Has anyone got an opinion on Puros Indios cigars. I was gifted several #4's. I found them to be a powerhouse of a corona sized cigar. They were well made and all three were consistant in burn and flavor.

The PI #4s were one of my favorite short cigars when I first started smoking. For the price, I loved em. But it's been atleast 5 years since I've had one.

The #4 was the only PI I have liked though....

I like them much, good construction..etc. CC doesnt like them cuz they arent maddies

Never did like them myself, but you everyone's taste in cigars are different. So try them otu and if you like them - smoke them. If you don;t, I am sure you can find a good home for them ;)

Sam

CC doesnt like them cuz they arent maddies

LMAO @ ludwig!! Actually, I bought a box of their alledged maduros, "Puros Indios Real Maduros" and the wrapper looked lighter than most EMS wrappers I've seen and didn't taste like a maduro at all. I wound up using the bulk of them for CigarPool mailings and a few passes here. :0

I got one of those in my humi as we speak. It was gifted to me... I will try it some day, its so many i want to try NOW, but i cant smoke them all at once...

I bought a box of the #4s from OnePyroTech (Wayne) a few years ago and finally smoked the last of just before Christmas. A nice everyday ceegar but nothin' to brag about. One thing I do have to say is that you do get your monies worth....... :D :thumbs: :p

I've got a box of the Presidente Maduros and EMS, The Maduros have been sitting for about a year and they are pretty good now. The EMS I've only had for about a month and they are resting for awhile longer. For the blowout price I got them they are a pretty good deal IMO.

I used to love the PI, but the quality and taste nose-dived in the late 90's and I am not convinced that they are back up to par yet.

well seems like every bomb I received had one type or another one of these. Not sure which ones I tried but found them to be an enjoyable experiance and a damm slow burn, plenty of smoke but ya gotta have the time to smoke one

Puros Indios makes for a nice golf cigar. I'll smoke the double maduros from time to time out on the links. They stay lit and don't make me dizzy on my backswing.LOL :)

The Maxima Reserva(PI) Line on the other hand is a tasty domestic.IMO A box of any size, double maduro...with a year of age. Is one of the best domestic smokes in it's price range($5-$7).IMO I'd probably only rank an AF SG better in that range.

Personally, I love PIs. Factoring price into my overall rating, they were my absolute favorite back when JR carried them (JR had them for less than half what anyplace else ever sold them for). But, once JR dropped them, I dropped them. They are terrific for $2-3 (I like every size), but for $5-6 bucks a stick? Forget about it (there are alot better at that price). Now they are a favorite only when I get lucky on cbid.