• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X "A"

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
So I went to a cigar shop (one I never buy cigars from) yesterday when my wife and I went to see a movie. I never buy from them because they have bad prices and claim that they are below retail. Example: They sell PAM Exclusivos with a tag that says "Retail- $24.99, Sale- $19.99" when they actually retail for just over $9.00 :0 . They pretty much charge double for all of their super premiums :( Anyway back to the Opus As. Yesterday I saw that they had a couple Opus As in coffins. I asked the guy what they were going for and without laughing he says $90! I'm sure Fuente and Padron would be interested in hearing about this afterall it can't be good for their business.

I doubt he's an authorized Opus dealer... $90 a stick is ridiculous.

WOW!!! 90.00 :0

You should call fuente and report them :)

BTW - What did you say to him after he told you that they were ONLY 90.00?

-matt

What did you say to him after he told you that they were ONLY 90.00?

Not much, I really wasn't too surprised considering their other prices. I just told him he could put it back. Then he tried selling me some of his other over priced super premiums. Not a chance!

I dont understand people In the business world! Why mark something up that much, Its not like someone will pay that price. Plus you piss off everyone that walks through the door! If I ever seen prices like that I would never go in there again, and I would tell all my buddys about it to!

-matt

Oh trust me, I won't let anyone I know buy cigars there. I usually don't even walk in there. Of course their ridiculous prices are the reason they have a great inventory...nothing sells! Makes me wonder how they get such great stock? Like Moki said they probably aren't authorized Opus dealers and knowing that both Fuente and Padron are big on fair pricing, I'm sure neither would deal with this shop.

Who the hell is gonna pay $90 for an Opus A? They must be kidding themselves ???

lucasbuck said:
Who the hell is gonna pay $90 for an Opus A? They must be kidding themselves ???
Some unsuspecting person who doesn't know cigars will go in and buy them.

Well I suppose he's free to charge whatever he wants.

By the same token, he's also free to sell no cigars as well :D

Never bought an Opus X I don't even know if anyone sells them over here. What is the going price(s) for the Opus X ??