• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Chili Pepper

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
Well today's my birthday, so I decided to smoke something special yesterday (I know, I know, but I knew I wouldn't get a chance to smoke today). I started out the morning fixing my truck windows in the rain, which had suddenly decided they like the down position better than the up... After that, I went to play poker at my local cigar club. A certain member from this board gave me a Siglo II, which I quickly sparked and enjoyed. My next choice was between a Chili Pepper and a shark that I believe is 3-4 years old. I eventually settled on the Chili Pepper since I hadn't had one since New Years and I just smoked a Shark Thursday.

I snipped the head and left the little curly end on the table for luck, but it didn't bring me very much, much less than the leprechaun across the table brought for somebody else. At first lighting, it tasted like many of the other young (<2 years age since released) Opus I've had. It was a good cigar, but I think I was naively expecting more. When I got a little over halfway done with the cigar, I started to realize that this thing was picking up, much like the LBMF did. By two thirds, I realized it was kicking my ass. I now agree that Chili Pepper is an appropriate name, because this thing was spicy and powerful.

Overall, I really liked the cigar. If you have the chance to pick one up, I'd do it. They're hard to find and priced the same, but I'd do it all over again if I got to choose. Sorry for the poor review, but I'm not very good at cigar reviews and I'm ready to go out and have a few beers...

I think you should always smoke these when we play poker. :) :) :)

I've got a little birthday smoke for ya Brad -- let me know the next time you'll be at the club!