• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Fuente Fuente

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Tonight, with moki's prodding, I plunged into the Opus X sent to me by Tony Bones. After 2+ hours smoking this monster stick... all I can say is.. MORE!!
drool.gif

Absolutely wonderful wrapper, soft silky feel, a minor vein running up 1/2 the cigar. Pre-light was a almost pure, wonderful tobacco smell. Kinda what you would think a stack of wrapper leaves would smell like in the rolling room of a tropical haven.

Initial light had a smudge of butane come thru from a over ambitious lighting but it quickly disappeared. Spice and leathery tones came thru as I enjoyed the stick at my local bar with Korbel Brandy to keep it in check... barely. Perfect ash. Smoke so thick you could cut it with a knife. No flaking, white-grey ash held on for a good 2 inches. Was half way done and starting to wonder where the depth and complexity of the cigar was. Out of nowhere this creamy smoothness hit. Topped any other similar taste I have had in a cigar.

I was thinking that this is stronger, but not too much so than a PAM. After the halfway point I knew I was hooked going down till my fingers would have burns on them. :thumbs:

Creamy, smooth, wonderfuly complex smoke kept on getting stronger and stronger. Beyond the band it wanted to go out... I wouldnt let it!!! :sign: Relit twice and kept on going. Has to be the best finishing cigar I have ever had. Id be tempted in the future to cut the first half right off and have only the remaining half. :p

Fingers were getting hot, cigar smoke was starting to burn my lips and it was time to end this great experience.

After I got up (bar's last call was 10 mins earlier) was when I came to realize how strong it really was!

Only two bad things...

#1. Started talking with a guy who was another cigar smoker and he went back to his car and brought out a Acid to smoke. :sneaky: I could not bring myself to ask him not to as I had no other smoke to offer instead. The smell of the smoke was annoying, but I think I got him on the right track to finding some good Connies and other reputable smoke shops to steer him down a better path. :thumbs:

#2. I had to walk home from the bar almost a 1/2 mile!! :D Only then did I discover that the Opus X hit me so damn hard. Didnt knock me on my butt... still standing but 'punch drunk'. :sign:

Im glad this was a Feunte Feunte. Anything larger in length or ring gauge and I would not have made it back home.
thud.gif

Unbelieveable this strong of a cigar can come in a natural/camaroon style wrapper.
worship.gif
To think of what a Opus X Maduro would be like... is off the charts.

For the cigar smoker who likes a strong stick, Opus X is a true benchmark among giants. Now I understand...... oh boy do I understand. :love:

Kryo said:
#2. I had to walk home from the bar almost a 1/2 mile!!  :D  Only then did I discover that the Opus X hit me so damn hard.  Didnt knock me on my butt... still standing but 'punch drunk'.  :sign:

Im glad this was a Feunte Feunte.  Anything larger in length or ring gauge and I would not have made it back home. 
thud.gif

Unbelieveable this strong of a cigar can come in a natural/camaroon style wrapper.
worship.gif
  To think of what a Opus X Maduro would be like... is off the charts.

For the cigar smoker who likes a strong stick, Opus X is a true benchmark among giants.  Now I understand...... oh boy do I understand.  :love:
haha... yet another person gets punch-drunk from their first Opus X :)

btw, kryo, you actually didn't like it, the marketing hype just got to ya! :thumbs:

But seriously, the strongest Opus X's are not the larger, longer ones -- the PowerRangers (xXx), and some other sizes will just knock your block off from my experience. The double coronas are on the milder side, as are the Super Belicosos, IMHO. The "A" sized Opus X's are the mildest of all.

Of course, the fresh Opus X cigars are generally more spicy/strong than aged ones... age tones it down a bit, and adds quite a bit of complexity to the cigar, as it does for most any cigar.

Sorry to hear about the Acid.

i had a fuente fuente about a week ago. about an inch from the band the burn became really uneven. did that happen to you? what did you pay for yours?

this is definitely may favorite cigar so far :D.

I've smoked three of these, just got better everytime :thumbs: .
Now I have one of the 7 1/2 inch monsters Oak gave me left. It's gonna be sooooo good.

Back