• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X perfection No. 5

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
A few weeks ago I was gifted two Opus X perfection No. 5 from Stepthirteen (thanks again), and I chose to enjoy today as a reward to myself. I am currently in the middle of building a 12' x 20' patio on the back of my house, and I got the first, and hardest stage completed today.
DSC01566.jpg

After a big lunch (hey, I pay attention) I grabbed this beautiful little cigar and headed out on the old deck to smoke and listen to some Big 12 tournament action on the radio.
DSC01564.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

After clipping the head the prelight draw seemed a little tight, but had a nice flavor to it(bear with me I don't have the full palate yet to pick out all the flavors). The flavor was maybe a little cedar and nut. I toasted the foot, and then lit up. First few draws had an almost creamy and sweet flavor, similar to coffee with some cream in it. The burn on this cigar was absolutely perfect, and never required a touch up. It got slightly uneven at one point early but quickly corrected itself.
DSC01573.jpg

At about the half way point this cigar start to intensify just a little in flavor, but still had a slight creaminess to it. I would say it started to taste more like dark chocolate at this point. And maybe just a touch sweet, almost like black cherry. After removing the band and heading into the last third this cigar really started to get a spicy edge to it, and it opened up giving off large amounts of smoke.
DSC01578.jpg

I never really started to feel sick from this, as I prepared myself with a big lunch (and I'm a bigger guy), but I did notice a little numbness on lips. I smoked this down as far as a I could and still hold it between my chubby fingers, and then let it go out.
DSC01581.jpg

This is to this point the most enjoyable cigar I have had. It stayed nice and smooth all the way through, burned great, and had a great flavor throughout. The only negative I can see with this cigar is that I already want another one. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy my other sticks after having had one of this quality. Step, thanks again for your generosity, and guys go easy on me since this is my first review.

The only negative I can see with this cigar is that I already want another one. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy my other sticks after having had one of this quality

Nice, good luck on the patio. It can be a pain in the ass, especially if you put in brick pavers or something along them lines. I have not tried a Opus cigar yet, yeah I am a newb, but I plan on improving my palate with different cigars before I purchase one. I fear the same will happen to me.

I hate these cigars and try to burn as many of the older versions as I can.

Nice review and pictures. Good luck with your project.

Glad you enjoyed... I have my first FFOX, a Fuente Fuente, on deck for a night after I've had a big dinner. :thumbs:

I hate these cigars and try to burn as many of the older versions as I can.

Nice review and pictures. Good luck with your project.
Yes, they are complete rubbish. Generally one would be better off smoking a White Owl or Swisher Sweet ESPECIALLY if you can only find the older ones. Those really should be sent to Northern MN so I can take them to the proper disposal site.

Opus #5...ptooey, ptooey...

Yeah, they are like the red-headed bastid step child of the Opus X line.

BLEECH!!!

Send them to me immediately and I will burn them properly.

The only negative I can see with this cigar is that I already want another one. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy my other sticks after having had one of this quality

Nice, good luck on the patio. It can be a pain in the ass, especially if you put in brick pavers or something along them lines. I have not tried a Opus cigar yet, yeah I am a newb, but I plan on improving my palate with different cigars before I purchase one. I fear the same will happen to me.

He he, you may not need to purchase one after all
devil07.gif

Nice review and pics. Stepthirteen also gifted me with a couple of these, but I'm still trying to develop my palate a little bit more before lighting one up. Can't wait, though!

Nice review!! Glad you enjoyed it, though I sent them to you hoping that you would say they where dog rockets so I might be able to find more with one less person interested in them :whistling:.

Step

Nice review!! Glad you enjoyed it, though I sent them to you hoping that you would say they where docg rockets so I might be able to find more with one less person interested in them :whistling:.

Step

Oh, I missed that part. Sorry. :(

Absolutely love the #5 as well. A little pocket rocket that is bursting with flavours.

wow, I've got to try this one. Only Opus I've had was the xXx but I did like that.

Very nice review.

Rather smoke than build...LOL...good luck!

Brian

Very nice review.

Rather smoke than build...LOL...good luck!

Brian

Hey thanks. I've got the gravel in, and the pavestones delievered. All that's left is getting the sand put in, but the 10 straight days of rain/snow that we are in the middle of has put this project on hold.

Well, you guys won't need to compete with me to get them, I had one tonight and I still don't see the allure. It was perfectly constructed, perfect draw, etc, etc. but Padrons at half the price have tasted much better, in my opinion. I just don't see the worth of the premium price, even though I got a hell of a deal on the one I smoked. Oh well, to each his own.