• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X PerfecXion A

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
I smoked one of these Friday evening after a long week of work. What a terrific smoke with that fantastic Opus flavor in a cigar as long as my #@%!*. I managed to smoke the thing in just under an hour and a half, although my knees were a little week coming down the stairs a few minutes after I finished (maybe I should have had dinner before the cigar). What are everybody elses thoughts on these? I love them, but struggle with whether they're worth the money or not when I could have two smaller Opus instead.

I smoked one of these Friday evening after a long week of work. What a terrific smoke with that fantastic Opus flavor in a cigar as long as my #@%!*. I managed to smoke the thing in just under an hour and a half, although my knees were a little week coming down the stairs a few minutes after I finished (maybe I should have had dinner before the cigar). What are everybody elses thoughts on these? I love them, but struggle with whether they're worth the money or not when I could have two smaller Opus instead.

If you are asking the question then the cigar is not worth what you paid for it, end of story. Why struggle, just don't get another :)

Like you, I have had to pay more for certain of the Opus line. For me it is not so much about the price but rather about the smoke. Sure, if it's a great smoke the cost will dictate how often I smoke the stick but I will not feel guilty about smoking up the $$$ for the enjoyment.

Brian

I love the OpusX PerfecXion A. The 'A' and the Double Corona are my favorite out of the OpusX series. I definitely feel that the larger sizes are more balanced. The strength of the A isn't as strong or in-your-face as the other smaller sizes in the lineup (#5 or PL for example). Much more subdued, but rich and extremely flavorful nonetheless. I also feel that the wrapper they use on the 'A' is less veiny, almost perfect, an achievement considering the size of leaf required.

I wish they would get rid of the coffin box and bring the price down a notch.

And how the hell did you finish the cigar in 1.5 hours? Takes me at least 2.5 hours for the beast.

I smoked one not that long ago. It was a 3 hour and 20 min smoke for me and could have easily smoked the last 1/2" to make it 3 hours 45 mins. But it started to get really nasty so I tossed it. Was it worth the $25 I paid for it. Hell yeah it was. It was just a fantastic smoke. I do prefer the in your face taste, but I was so impressed I got 4 more of these bad boys for some special occasion. :D