• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Perfecxion No.4

SmokerB

Banned
Measuring in at (5 3/16" x 43) ................ MSRP = $9.75 (Vitolas.com)

I woke up on friday morning to a groggy day outside and I thought to myself, what can make this day better... I came up with the idea of trying an Opus that I picked up a few months ago and with only an hour and a half to spare this was a great idea!

I went to my local shop, sat down and started to unwrap this beautiful cigar. I looked over it and saw only 1 flaw and that was due to yours truly. Since this is the cedar wrapped Opus, while I was taking the wrapping off I got a little impatient and created a minor nick in the outer wrapper, fortunately this was only aesthetic and did not effect my smoke.

I punched the cigar and did a cold draw. MMMM a nice aroma of spice and a little cherry hit the back of the throat and nostrils and I was ready to start my smoke. After torching the foot of the cigar I took a deep draw and was instantly hit with spice and creaminess. This cigar really hit me by surprise, the deep spice was intense but still enjoyable, then the creaminess hit my mouth and coated it. This mix was absolutely sensational.

Roughly 2/3 the way through I started to sense a black cherry flavor with in the smoke, this dominated the smoke for a few puffs and then subsided bringing with it the spice back.

The remainder of the cigar was spice/cream/and the occasional black cherry.

Overall a great cigar, and sorry for no pictures. NEXT TIME

Thanks

Measuring in at (5 3/16" x 43) ................ MSRP = $9.75 (Vitolas.com)

I woke up on friday morning to a groggy day outside and I thought to myself, what can make this day better... I came up with the idea of trying an Opus that I picked up a few months ago and with only an hour and a half to spare this was a great idea!

I went to my local shop, sat down and started to unwrap this beautiful cigar. I looked over it and saw only 1 flaw and that was due to yours truly. Since this is the cedar wrapped Opus, while I was taking the wrapping off I got a little impatient and created a minor nick in the outer wrapper, fortunately this was only aesthetic and did not effect my smoke.

I punched the cigar and did a cold draw. MMMM a nice aroma of spice and a little cherry hit the back of the throat and nostrils and I was ready to start my smoke. After torching the foot of the cigar I took a deep draw and was instantly hit with spice and creaminess. This cigar really hit me by surprise, the deep spice was intense but still enjoyable, then the creaminess hit my mouth and coated it. This mix was absolutely sensational.

Roughly 2/3 the way through I started to sense a black cherry flavor with in the smoke, this dominated the smoke for a few puffs and then subsided bringing with it the spice back.

The remainder of the cigar was spice/cream/and the occasional black cherry.

Overall a great cigar, and sorry for no pictures. NEXT TIME

Thanks

Congrats on your first Opus X. They truly are exceptional cigars. While I know there are those out there who are not fans, or think they are overrated and/or overpriced...I am still a fan. I look forward to sparking up one in warmer weather. Tried an Opus X outdoors in the winter and it was just way too cold to fully enjoy the smoke.

Congrats on your first Opus X. They truly are exceptional cigars. While I know there are those out there who are not fans, or think they are overrated and/or overpriced...I am still a fan. I look forward to sparking up one in warmer weather. Tried an Opus X outdoors in the winter and it was just way too cold to fully enjoy the smoke.

I have a handful of Opus cigars (hmm, would Opii be plural? :) ) sitting in the humidor waiting for spingtime when I can smoke outdoors and enjoy it. Haven't smoked one yet and I'm looking forward to it. Might have to make that a birthday cigar.

Very good review. Keep up the good work.

Edit to add constructive criticism: It sounds like you took the wrapper off. Hopefully, this was just a terminology snafu. The wrapper is the outer leaf that gives the cigar a good amount of it's flavor, holds the binder and filler in place, and is what you see besides the foot. Unless you unwrap it, that is. ;)

Back