• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX Fuente Fuente

Caitheann

Hello,

I'm new to this so you'll have to bear with me. anvilt595 gave me an Opus X Feunte Feunte to try this morning after work. It was accompanied by an espresso roasted drip filter coffee (milk & 2 sugars please) that had a good splash of black label 101 proof bourbon in it.

I don't know what Ring gauge is, I presume it's the diameter which is 5/8 of an inch approx. Length = 5 inches. I don't know what Filler & binder are either but the wrapper colour is medium brown. When I took it out of the cellophane & had a sniff, it smelled delicately spicy. Before lighting it, it was easy to draw through & tasted distinctly of clover honey. It was very easy to light & burned evenly. I don't know anything about cigar construction, so I can't comment on that. The draw was light but not like fag (cigarette). The only thing I can compare to is a well packed pipe, which is not very helpful to most of you but it's the best I can do.

The taste was something else! For about the first inch it was fairly earthy & a little sweet & left sweet after taste. The smoke was a grey white colour & didn't change all the way through. The ash was pale grey with small charcoal stripes. Inhaling was a little harsh to begin with but after a couple of draws that disappeared completely. After the first inch the flavor changed abruptly. The earthiness disappeared & was replaced by a mild dairy milk chocolate and slightly malty taste and left fresh cream & honey aftertaste and feel in my mouth. This lasted for about the next 2 inches.

At this stage the taste changed abruptly again. The sweetness changed to honey with ground white pepper in the background and left me with a sweet spicy aftertaste but still a creamy mouth feel. Whilst remaining sweet for the next 1/2 inch the spiciness intensified (not unpleasantly).

Unfortunately I had to stop there. Not by choice but by the mere fact that my head was spinning so much that I couldn't find my mouth.

In my humble opinion this is the nicest cigar I've smoked.

Nice review.

You have amazing taste buds...Dairy Milk Chocolate, is that made by Cadbury's? ;)

Brian

Nice review.

You have amazing taste buds...Dairy Milk Chocolate, is that made by Cadbury's? ;)

Brian

The one and only... :laugh:

Good review Liam.
I knew you would enjoy it. I picked up on the fact you had good taste buds when you explain how your home brew should taste.

By the way it was an Opus X no:4

Inhaling was a little harsh to begin with but after a couple of draws that disappeared completely.

You inhale cigar smoke??? Are you nuts? And inhaling an Opus X can't be pleasant.

-Fetter

Inhaling was a little harsh to begin with but after a couple of draws that disappeared completely.

You inhale cigar smoke??? Are you nuts? And inhaling an Opus X can't be pleasant.

-Fetter

ya, FYI...inhaling cigar smoke can be hazardous to your health.