• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Cabaiguan Guapo

dulaney22

Banned
Being a big fan of all things Tatuaje, I was looking forward to trying this cigar. A little wonder from Miami and, voila, there she goes up in flames.

The Ecuadorian sun-grown wrapper is what I would call just a medium brown. The pics look a little darker than the actual cigar. I would call it a golden brown, but it was a little too much on the dull side for that. Veins were smallish and there wasn't much by way of oil. Pre-light aroma was non-existent.

The stick lit nicely and I was greeted with some slight pepper and woody tastes. Here and there tastes of nuts would seep in, but not much in that regard just yet. I immediately noticed that this was a fairly light-bodied cigar. It's claimed to be a medium bodied smoke, but in the early stages, it just didn't make it. Overall, the first third was very dry, with, primarily, subdued flavors of peppers and wood.

Luckily, the cigar started to come into a more medium-bodied smoke during the second third. At this point, some nice undertones of cream complimented a little stronger display of nuts and some sweeter spices. These flavors would predominate the remainder of the smoke, with some coffee tones developing in the final third.

Overall, this cigar has some pleasant flavors, but is a little too light for my preferences. It's a nice looking cigar that drew and burned well, just different strokes for different folks. I'd certainly smoke another, but I won't go out of my way to find any.

Slide1-5.jpg

I find these to be more on the medium side myself, but definitely can appreciate them at that level, and enjoy the taste profile. I recently picked up two Guapo boxes (got a most excellent deal from a friend and couldn't pass them up).

Nice review.

Cheers.