• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oregon Ducks

gibu

I was watching the Rose Bowl pre-game blah blah blah, and just happened to wonder about all the different uniforms the ducks seemed to be using in the footage they were showing. I'm from the mid-west so I hardly ever watch Oregon. I'm pretty used to seeing teams change up uniform colors to change up their mo jo, but this was a little more then I've ever really noticed before. I've also never noticed a team outside of the NFL using several different helmet colors as part of the change up. It looked like the ducks were alternating between white, black and yellow helmets? Also, on top of the jersey colors it seemed like some jerseys had feathers on the shoulders and some didn't?

Was this foottage from a couple different seasons perhaps? Did they make some big changes from one year to the next? Is Liberace the Ducks new fashion coordinator? The three different helmet colors is what really blew me away. Big difference from when Nebraska decides to go wild and wear their red pants WITH the red jersey's just to make sure everyone knows they mean business. :cool:

I was watching the Rose Bowl pre-game blah blah blah, and just happened to wonder about all the different uniforms the ducks seemed to be using in the footage they were showing. I'm from the mid-west so I hardly ever watch Oregon. I'm pretty used to seeing teams change up uniform colors to change up their mo jo, but this was a little more then I've ever really noticed before. I've also never noticed a team outside of the NFL using several different helmet colors as part of the change up. It looked like the ducks were alternating between white, black and yellow helmets? Also, on top of the jersey colors it seemed like some jerseys had feathers on the shoulders and some didn't?

Was this foottage from a couple different seasons perhaps? Did they make some big changes from one year to the next? Is Liberace the Ducks new fashion coordinator? The three different helmet colors is what really blew me away. Big difference from when Nebraska decides to go wild and wear their red pants WITH the red jersey's just to make sure everyone knows they mean business. :cool:
Nike is a HUGE contributor to the Duck athletic department. They make a big deal about their uniform changes and unveil new versions/changes almost every year. See videoHERE

I think 60 mintues did a profile of the athletic facilities that are as good or better than most pro teams. It is really unbelievable. Good for them.

I think I read somewhere that they have 85 possible uniform combinations.

It helps to have the founder of Nike being an alum and Nike being down the road.

They use a lot; all of them butt-ugly!!
laugh.gif