• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oregon Trail movie trailer

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
I imagine much of this will be pretty familiar to children of the '80s.

Pretty funny.

I wish they had somehow included a reference to the fact that so many people seemed to pronounce "Oregon" as if it rhymes with "polygon" but only within the context of this game's name--not anywhere else. I've always wondered why that was.

All the bullets!

LOL.

You are right about the pronunciation of Oregon...infact when I moved out to the north west I called it Oregon as you described...because thats what the game taught me; but I was quickly corrected from someone that did not like it! "It's pronounced Oregen...Not Oregon". Well sorry, thats how it is spelled. But all those same idiots call my home state IllinoiSSSSSS.

Loved that game as a child. That and number cruchers. Or that fish/river one where if you didn't answer fast enough an Osprey swooped down and ate you.

"I don't want to be a carpenter, I want to be a banker!"

Well, the proper name for the "Oregon Trail" is Oregon (like polygon) trail. The reason is that the people who took the trail pronounced it this way. Listen to how it is pronounced in the region where the trail started, and that's how it should be pronounced. The current local pronounciation of "Oregen" is really based on local accent. While the local pronunciation is correct for the name of the state, the trail doesn't start in the state, so it should be pronounced the way it is where the trail starts.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;) Thanks for the trailer, it's pretty sweet. I used to love seeing the different headstones for my classmates who died along the way. How I hated when my wagon broke a wheel!

So is there seriously going to be a movie or is it just a spoof trailer?

That brought back some great memories, and made me wonder if those people were serious. It seemed they were somewhat lacking in the area of"acting ability." ???

Brandon

So is there seriously going to be a movie or is it just a spoof trailer?

I can't imagine that it's real, though I guess you never know with Hollywood these days. I just hope they don't make Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing into a movie.

I remember playing that game on an Apple IIe in black and white with no sound.....

All the bullets!

LOL.

You are right about the pronunciation of Oregon...infact when I moved out to the north west I called it Oregon as you described...because thats what the game taught me; but I was quickly corrected from someone that did not like it! "It's pronounced Oregen...Not Oregon". Well sorry, thats how it is spelled. But all those same idiots call my home state IllinoiSSSSSS.

When I used to live in Missouri, kids used to tell me all the time. "There's no NOISE in ILLINOIS!" :sign:

When I used to live in Missouri, kids used to tell me all the time. "There's no NOISE in ILLINOIS!" :sign:

Yep, and there is no A at the end of Missouri, even though our own fuggin governor says it that way. :angry: