• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Origami model pictures

moki

el Presidente
Reaction score
I've been doing origami (the Japanese art of paper folding) on and off for the better part of 20 years. For most of that time, I've only had a few things memorized. Lately, since I picked up some very nice origami paper in Japan, I've been making an effort to learn some more.

Here are pictures of some of my favorite models. I have an online gallery of many, many more models I've folded here:

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/origami/

Some shells:

spiral_cone_shells.jpg

unknown_shells.jpg

Two Kawasaki Roses (new):

pink_kawasaki_rose_new.jpg

beetle_krose_new.jpg

A pair of Lang's orchids:

orchid_blue.jpg

orchid_pink_beetle.jpg

Comments welcome!

Nice hobby you got there Moki.
Very creative...........like the flowers.
What do you do with all of them?
You collect them?

gkpk said:
Nice hobby you got there Moki.
Very creative...........like the flowers.
What do you do with all of them?
You collect them?
Well, I didn't invent any of them, I just folded them.

I keep them around just to collect them, and I give them away as gifts.

I know my airplane can fly farther then that! :p

VERY NICE!!! My son picked up a love of origami while we were in Japan too. Showed him your collection and we're all duly impressed. Gives him something to aspire to.

Muley said:
VERY NICE!!! My son picked up a love of origami while we were in Japan too. Showed him your collection and we're all duly impressed. Gives him something to aspire to.
Many of the models in that gallery are available in the diagrams section at the top, so he can give 'em a shot. Some, like the Kawasaki Rose, are very complex, however.

Also if you click on each picture, I'm pretty sure it will say where the model is from (what book).