• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ouch!

SFG75

Master-passer
Anyone out there do something like this?

Handyman Nailed with His Own Nail Gun
Mon Mar 8, 8:52 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian handyman admitted he was stupid to shoot himself in the head with a nail gun in a misguided prank that left him with a nail lodged in his brain.

Brad Shorten, a father of three from Victoria state, was enjoying a few beers with friends after working on his house when they began joking about industrial accidents.

Shorten, 33, picked up a nail gun that he thought was empty, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger.

He later said he had turned off the gun's compressor and taken out its nail cartridge but did not realize there was still enough pressure in the gun to fire a nail.

"My mates and I were talking about construction site accidents and taking your eye out with a nail gun, and I foolishly put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger," Shorten told the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

"I did a very stupid thing," he said.

The bizarre mishap left him with a 1.25-inch nail counter-sunk through his skull just behind his temple.

Royal Melbourne Hospital neurosurgeons removed the nail in a delicate four-hour operation even though Shorten, who was expected to make a full recovery, had offered to take the nail out with a pair of pliers.
( Courtesy of Reuters "odd" section from the www.drudgereport.com )

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Just shy of a Darwin Award winner......... geez what a maroon ??? Have another Fosters Mate?

This story is quite possible. I ansered a call to our local hospital several weeks ago. My dispatch told me this call was releated to a gunshot wound. I spoke to the "victim" who said he had shot himself in the knee three days ago with a nail gun. When this happened he simply pulled the nail out with a pair of pliers and went back to work. His knee was the size of a cantalopue with various shades of black,blue,and green. The doc confirmed this was not caused by a bullet. We have a bunch of smart folks living in our world. ;) ;) ;)

I could perhaps understand if someone shot themselves in the leg, stuff lke that happens all the time, but to put the darn thing to your HEAD??????? :0

Ouch, what a dumbass. At first I thought this was going to be a post about staples not a nail gun. I've watched midgets staple things to their head before during midget wrestling but I've never seen anyone shoot a nail in their head.