• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Outlook 2007

benjiev

"The Honorable"
What can anyone tell me about this upgrade?

My wife wants to upgrade for business purposes, but is primarily interested in the new Outlook function.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THE SEARCH INDEXING FEATURE!!!

Other then that, I love it.

It's very nice.

Not familiar with the feature stinki's talking about...but I have 2007 i my office and we are upgrading a bunch of employees to it....it integrates well with 'sharepoint'.

Outlook 2007 is the best outlook ever released. But I agree with Monki that the search indexing feature does suck dead donkey balls if your a regular user and don't need it.

After you install Outlook 2007 it will ask you to extra download the search indexing. Just don't and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the 'head's up'. I just bought a new lap top a few days ago primarily for personal use, but it will also be used for homework. It has both Outlook 2007 and Vista. Haven't set up Outlook yet, but Vista and I are already getting aquainted.

I enjoy Outlook 2007 very much... I think it's worth the upgrade. You have to play with the layout if you want it to look more like older Outlook but that's easy enough.

I can't even imagine what would drive a requirement to upgrade, unless you're a complete MS organization with MOSS/Sharepoint and just love that integration (and people actually make use of those features).

_What_ makes it the best outlook ever? I use Outlook 2003 at work and I can send and read emails. What makes 2007 so much better?

It allows Microsoft to sell more software and a new operating system to run it on.

I can't even imagine what would drive a requirement to upgrade, unless you're a complete MS organization with MOSS/Sharepoint and just love that integration (and people actually make use of those features).

_What_ makes it the best outlook ever? I use Outlook 2003 at work and I can send and read emails. What makes 2007 so much better?

Its just better... easier to use and better features, you'd have to try it to find out, but once you upgrade you wont want to go back to 2003.

i also run Office 2003. been holding off on the upgrade. what does the search indexing feature do?

what does the search indexing feature do?
It brings your PC to it's knees processing wise. Slows it to a crawl. So does Google Desktop. Stay away unless of course you like waiting for stuff to happen.