• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ozone Air purifiers... has anyone ever tried one?

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
Hey gang,
I'm thinking about getting one of these little jobbers for when I'm on the road, or even in my own car (I don't smoke in my own car, only the rented ones for road trips).

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ordered a version of the following two (links posted below). If so, can you tell me how well they work and if you think they are worth their weight in gold.

CI ozone cleaner

Thompsons version of the ozone cleaner

Thanks in advance,
Darren :)

Hey gang,
I'm thinking about getting one of these little jobbers for when I'm on the road, or even in my own car (I don't smoke in my own car, only the rented ones for road trips).

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ordered a version of the following two (links posted below). If so, can you tell me how well they work and if you think they are worth their weight in gold.

CI ozone cleaner

Thanks in advance,

They work by generating a relatively high voltage against an aluminum plate to generate the ions. A natural by-product is ozone which is corrosive. It eats the cathod and generally erodes the metal in the circuits. It also creates etching on the cheap assed circuit board and forms a high reisistance short. The one I bought from CI lasted about 3 months before it started arcing, a low level crackle. I took it apart and scrubbed it with diswashing liquid and a toothbrush and got another 2 months out of it. It worked quite well, though I'd consider them disposable.

Hey gang,

CI ozone cleaner

Thanks in advance,

They work by generating a relatively high voltage against an aluminum plate to generate the ions. A natural by-product is ozone which is corrosive. It eats the cathod and generally erodes the metal in the circuits. It also creates etching on the cheap assed circuit board and forms a high reisistance short. The one I bought from CI lasted about 3 months before it started arcing, a low level crackle. I took it apart and scrubbed it with diswashing liquid and a toothbrush and got another 2 months out of it. It worked quite well, though I'd consider them disposable.

dude, are you like a scientist or something? :p

Don't do it.

Look for an air purifier that have a CADR rating.

Also - the ozone items are worthless as air cleaners. We had this thread a while back - do a search and find the linky!

Also also - the ozone machines may create too much ozone for the space they are provided (aside from not cleaning the air) - this could cause a person to get to much ozone - not good!

Don't do it.

----> any suggestions Grateful1? linkys?

Also - the ozone items are worthless as air cleaners. We had this thread a while back - do a search and find the linky!

----> what makes you think I didn't? :rolleyes: Just opting to ask the question again, just in case someone may have further info on this.

Also also - the ozone machines may create too much ozone for the space they are provided (aside from not cleaning the air) - this could cause a person to get to much ozone - not good!

----> Ok, I did read about the asthmatic effects and lung problems with too much ozone. Point well taken.

If you could, point me in the direction of a air purifier with an appropriate CADR rating.

Thanks in advance,
Darren :love:

Don't do it.

----> any suggestions Grateful1? linkys?

----> what makes you think I didn't? :rolleyes: Just opting to ask the question again, just in case someone may have further info on this.

----> Ok, I did read about the asthmatic effects and lung problems with too much ozone. Point well taken.

If you could, point me in the direction of a air purifier with an appropriate CADR rating.

Thanks in advance,
Darren :love:

All of my Linky's are on the previous thread. :D

I think im gonna throw my ionic breeze off the roof then run it over