• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla maduro help

1badbird

I need some help. My local B&M has a box of Padilla maduro blue label, they are listing as “made by Pepin”. They are reasonably priced and I have bought a few. I could be interested in the rest if info is true. Did Pepin create this blend? Also, has anyone smoked this brand of Padilla and what do you think?

TIA

1badbird

Sorry I can't answer your question, but if you liked them and the price is right, what does it matter who created/blended them?

Padilla Maduro I beleive was not a blend by Pepin. I think It is Ernestos blend. (well at least he created the band and Perez blended and rolled)

Mexican Wrapper
Nicaraguan binder
Dominican and Honduran Filler
Sizes:
Churchill
Torpedo
Robusto

I think the only lines Don Pepin blended (not anymore) were:
Miama 8&11
Padilla Signature 1932
Padilla 1948

Padilla pre Pepin were some of the better botique cigars out. During Pepin they were much improved.
Post Pepin I think Padilla will continue to have some of the best botique cigars on the market.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but if you liked them and the price is right, what does it matter who created/blended them?

Too true. You've smoked them, you liked them enough to buy them, so buy them. :thumbs:

I believe Pepin also blended the Habano.

Padilla Habano was a blend made by Oliva family (Gilberto and Sons). Blended and rolled in the Oliva factory in Nicaragua.

Padilla Hybrid (D.R. Perez Family - A.S.P. enterprises)
Padilla Maduro (D.R. Perez Family - A.S.P. enterprises)

Too true. You've smoked them, you liked them enough to buy them, so buy them. :thumbs:

I'm in total agreement. I just would have treated them a little differently than an everday smoke. :D But hey, smok'em if you got'em!

1badbird

I need some help. My local B&M has a box of Padilla maduro blue label, they are listing as “made by Pepin”. They are reasonably priced and I have bought a few. I could be interested in the rest if info is true. Did Pepin create this blend? Also, has anyone smoked this brand of Padilla and what do you think?

TIA

1badbird

Gotta love those Kentucky tobacco prices! Buy them and send me a few so I can determine whether Pepin was involved in the blend. :whistling: