• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla Miami Robusto

centurycigar

Rare Stamp & Coin Dealer

Padilla Miami

Size: Robusto – 5 X 50
Wrapper: Cuban Corojo
Binder & Filler : Nicaragua Corojo & Criollo
Cost: $10.00 each

My first review here, so please bare with me.

This particular Padilla was reviewed here around 6 months ago, so I thought it was time for another one.

I lit up this stick after a nice meal and had a hot cup of good old Tim Horton’s coffee to go with it. (It’s a Canadian thing ! :) )
The pre-light aroma was great, nice strong tobacco smell. The stick itself had a beautiful oily wrapper with thin but smooth veins throughout. Also had a thin layer of plume that glistened in the sunlight. Nicely rolled, no soft spots and had an expertly applied cap.
After toasting the end and lighting it, the full-bodied flavor hit the back of my throat almost immediately. My first thought was (to be honest) “Oh, Shit !”. My second thought was the draw. It was a very loose draw that produced billows of smoke with little effort. The ash was medium gray with dark marbling throughout, however it was extremely flaky and eventually fell just 3/4 of an inch into it. I kept having to ash it, to prevent the ash from falling into my lap.
About half way through it remained full bodied but started to show some real earthy flavors, including touches of cedar. I also picked up slight coffee and burnt toast flavors. The finish is long on the palate.
Overall, the burn was even throughout and usually corrected itself if it started to favor a side. It burned surprisingly cool, no hot spots and stayed cool down to about an inch left. I say “surprisingly” because for a robusto size it burned fast, it smoked quite a bit faster than other robusto sized cigars I’ve had. I recommend smoking this Padilla slower than you are normally accustom to and with shorter puffs, for your total enjoyment. And by the way this cigar really keeps it flame (for lack of a better word), the only way this bad boy was going out was if I stepped on it.
Overall, I enjoyed this full-bodied Padilla robusto (and for me it was full bodied), even though I did get a tad annoyed with the quick burn and loose draw at times. And at $10.00 a stick, I feel it’s a little overpriced. But totally worth it when you want to treat yourself to something nice. Not for the novice smoker, it will kick your ass ! Trust me!