• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla signature 1932

bunn163A

Hello all.I had a bad day at work today and went out for a few drinks to relax this afternoon.I purchased a five pack of these padilla 1932,s on cigar bid for a value drenched 25 bucks.I must say this was a very good smoke,From what i have read this must be the new blend,but it definately tasted like a Pepin blend to me.It started off with a nice woody spice from first puff.It burned excellent(i did let them rest for a week or two> .The burn was excellent throughout and the flavor was damn good for a 5 dollar cigar.the ash was excellent as well.Now i am buzzed a little but I still reccomend picking up some of these if you enjoy nicuraguan smokes.If you can pick them up at this price I will buy them from you if you do not enjoy them.
I am stunned at how much I have learned about tobacco since i started here.I thought excalibur cigars were top of the line when i entered into this.I am very happy I found this site as I would have never had the chance to expierience alot of cigars that i have fallen in love with.I thought Opus was as good as it gets and now I have found multiple sticks that have just blown me away.I would like to thank those of you that have helped me out along the way and I plan on being here for as long as you will have me!

Bill

LOL! Happy Friday! I've actually not had one of the "new" '32's. Just got a bunch of the "old" ones laying around. Pretty good smokes to be sure!

LOL! Happy Friday! I've actually not had one of the "new" '32's. Just got a bunch of the "old" ones laying around. Pretty good smokes to be sure!

Yeah Gregr, I am curious to see what the "new" 32's taste like. Hmm...

I was under the impression that there is a new blend and an old one but Padilla claims that they owned the blend and it never changed, only the bands. Does anyone have any idea where this idea of an old blend and a new one came from????

I was under the impression that there is a new blend and an old one but Padilla claims that they owned the blend and it never changed, only the bands. Does anyone have any idea where this idea of an old blend and a new one came from????

I recall something to the effect of Padilla saying they are changing the factories the cigars were produced in, and were changing the blend ever so slightly to distinguish the difference. I had heard the new ones were milder, and didn't pack as much of a punch, and I heard the band is printed in high gloss rather than impressed.

I recall something to the effect of Padilla saying they are changing the factories the cigars were produced in, and were changing the blend ever so slightly to distinguish the difference. I had heard the new ones were milder, and didn't pack as much of a punch, and I heard the band is printed in high gloss rather than impressed.

Jonathan, I had never heard that. I've always just read that there was a new blend and an old one and went with the flow. After recently smoking another with the new band I realized that there were really no discernible differences that I could pick out, and if there were they were very subtle. I found this article/review online. I also spoke to a major retailer about this who stated the same thing. Although, this was the first time I read anything about Fuente complaining the old bands bore too close a resemblance to the Casa Fuente bands.

Pepin created the original 1932 blend, but when he and Padilla parted ways Padilla started making these in his own factory. There appears to be some thought that the blend may have changed, and the new blend is slightly less peppery and strong as the "Pepin blend". Padilla swears the blend has not changed.

Oh if someone would sell me a anejo i would love to try one of those.I live in INdy and there selection here isnt very good.Cant find Illusione cigars anywhere around here..Oh sh&t I am drunk and rambling

Glad you are enjoying your time here and I agree that the info here is incredible. That being said you should probably remove this portion of the post as it's against the rules here and I would consider it an ISO. Keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll find some soon. I thought I'd never find an Anejo Shark when I was new and now I have a full box. :thumbs:

I like those 1932s too although the 1968 is very damn good as well and can be had for around $3 a stick.

I found the Pepin blend Padilla 1932 lancero to be a better stick than the new Padilla Miami Lancero. It could have something to do with the age of the sticks.

Although, this was the first time I read anything about Fuente complaining the old bands bore too close a resemblance to the Casa Fuente bands.

Oh wow! :0 This is the first time I've heard of this either... ??? I GUESS they seem similar... Weird.

I found the Pepin blend Padilla 1932 lancero to be a better stick than the new Padilla Miami Lancero. It could have something to do with the age of the sticks.

Or it could be the fact that they're two different blends. :whistling: :sign:

Alot of people have said that the new Miami lancero was very good. I found the Padilla better. I have also tried the Padilla 1932 with the new bands and found the Pepin blend better. I enjoyed the Miami lancero but not as much as the Padilla 1932. Maybe with more age the Miami will improve to that level. :thumbs:

Well, I had another of my Padilla 1932 robustos last night. It was even stronger than the last one I remember smoking a few weeks ago. It definetly has alot of power that is for sure. If the one that Pepin made was stronger, I don't think I would want to smoke it. ???