• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón 1926 Serie Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro

MaduroManiac

I managed to get a hold of two of these delicious smokes while at a cigar event in Miami at the Chart House. Jorge Padrón released one box of 10 to be raffled and auction off for a charity in Nicaragua. I got one via raffle and one via auction. This cigar celebrates the 45th anniversary of the founding of Padrón Cigars.
The cigar itself is a 6 inch by 52 ring gauge.
8223_130688254538_805739538_2384725_2313887_n.jpg
That's what she looks like.
I smoked this one at the Padrón factory with José O. Padrón himself!
The cigar itself is full bodied. It's peppery and has a little sweetness to it. This is constructed very well and in return gives it a very nice draw and an even burn. mmm the aroma it gives off is just fantastic.
I think this cigar is right next to the 1926 series 80 year maduro. DELICIOUS. I think it will be around 25$ before whatever lame taxes there are. I recommend trying one of these bad boys!

Nice review on a stick I haven't heard of! :) Welcome to CP! Head over to the Introduction forum and post an intro so we can get to know you better.

Nice review of a new stick! Just saw CA's story on this and it's due in stores today. Any of our vendors want to comment on their availability?

It is so damn tasty. If you (plural) are able to get and try one DO IT!!! It is beyond words. Here are a few pictures of the box and the cigars.
6573_122504834538_805739538_2283595_3290498_n.jpg

6573_122504559538_805739538_2283594_7573792_n.jpg

n805739538_2283597_8200074.jpg

6573_122505554538_805739538_2283604_820002_n.jpg

They should be arriving here in a couple of days, but in limited availability. There will be another shipment going out in about 2 weeks, but I'm not getting what I initially ordered. They are VERY limited, for now.

They should be arriving here in a couple of days, but in limited availability. There will be another shipment going out in about 2 weeks, but I'm not getting what I initially ordered. They are VERY limited, for now.

Oh oh, Joe (siriusstoogie) might have just collapsed on the floor.

I bolted my door shut in case Joe decides to pay me a visit.... :whistling:

Probably a good idea. like Mr. uptown_isy said they are VERY limited. I heard they have about 300-400 boxes and 2100 boxes ordered. but do not quote me on that.

I bolted my door shut in case Joe decides to pay me a visit.... :whistling:

Probably a good idea. like Mr. uptown_isy said they are VERY limited. I heard they have about 300-400 boxes and 2100 boxes ordered. but do not quote me on that.

I think you're assessment is probably spot on Maniac. They should have more in another 2 weeks.

Any blend info on these? Is this just a new size of the 26 maybe or is this blend more related to the other family reserve blend? Looks very nice.

Nice review... I'd love to be able to smoke of these some day!
It truly is a wonderful smoke, one of my favorites. It is par with the 80 year maduro and the Cohiba Siglo VI in my opinion. In that same realm of deliciousness.

Also the No. 45s they have now have a different colored label, it's a lot darker more blood red maroonish. The two I had smoked were preproduction. here be a picture of the label that everyone will see.
3905020843_6f8240d104.jpg

It's an addition to the 1926 Serie line. 5 year aged Nicaraguan tobacco. Filler, binder, and wrapper all Nicaraguan. (I'll ask some of my friends to see how the blend compares to the last family reserve).

Back