• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 80 years maduro

Renefatdude

The Flying Dutchman
This evening I decided to smoke this cigar and review it for the Dutch forum I am on.
After doing the review in Dutch I decided to do it in English also and post it here as well.

So here my first review in English.

Wrapper, binder and filler are all from Nicaragua.

Dimensions: 6 3/4" by 54 ring.

The cigar looked perfect, cutting it was no problem.

Predraw was good, not tight nor loose.
I lighted the cigar and started smoking, at first I was not impressed but after half an inch the cigar picked up and I began to really enjoy it!
I tasted wood, coffee leather and pepper.
Halfway through it started to get more mellow, sweet nuts and tastes I can not pin out.
The last part the spices where more dominant but very enjoyable never harsh or bitter.

Burn was perfect, needed to touch up only once ( in the beginning).

Summary: Delicious, complex cigar the best cigar I smoked (but only had one so that is dangerous).

Worth the money?

As far as I'm concerned, yes! (I think it is way better than the Casa Magna CA put #1)

And some pics.

Enjoy!

im002596.jpg

im002592.jpg

im002593.jpg

im002595.jpg

im002596.jpg

Thanks Jake for sending this one!

Rene

Very nice Rene! Definitely one of my favorite Padrons!

Great review Rene. While it is MUCH better than a Casa Magna, it's also MUCH more expensive. Wish I had the budget to smoke these regularly.

Its a good smoke. Not like the Padron Family Reserve. But we will see Rene doing a few more reviews soon enough. :whistling:

This is one that I've been wanting to try for quite some time now and seeing your review does not make it any better! Great review!