• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Maduro

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Okay I want to know if I should go down to my cigar shop and pick up a couple. The price they are asking is 14.95 each for the robusto size. I haven't tried any, but the guy behind the counter says that they are incredible, should I or shouldn't I get some ???

*adds in his order*

Just in case you decide to pick up an extra stick... :D

From what I have heard and understand, and already love the Padron anniversary lines? I would drop $15 on a robusto to see if it was worth the hype. If, it was, then might just have to buy a couple more ;-)

Sam

At $15@, I would try ONE. The original release was awesome, however the later releases have been ho hum to me.

For he same $15, personally, staying in the padron line, I would pick up 2 Padron Magnum Maduro's. That's 4-5 hours of smoke there :)

How rare are these "1926 maduro"? and is 14.96 a decent price for this cigar?

Horse said:
At $15@, I would try ONE. The original release was awesome, however the later releases have been ho hum to me.

For he same $15, personally, staying in the padron line, I would pick up 2 Padron Magnum Maduro's. That's 4-5 hours of smoke there :)
I'm with Mark on this. :thumbs:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Magnums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ParaGod said:
How rare are these "1926 maduro"? and is 14.96 a decent price for this cigar?
Since I first heard of them last year and all the hype about when they would arrive, I have yet to even see one. Which isn't that hard to believe, but from what I have seen and heard is that these smokes when they were first released and as far as I know today - hard to find.

I am sure the MSRP is much less than the advertised $15, but at the same time I count in availablity in the price of a cigar for going above MSRP and this one is one of those on many people's (including mine) elusive cigar list. So it comes down to how you are about cigars. For you, if your not a Padron fan it might not be worth it just to try it out. On the other hand if you a Padron fan - of at least the anniversary lines - then it might be worth that or even more.

An example I would give is the Don Carlos line. I rarely see them around here, but I absolutely love the couple I have had. So when they are around and i have the extra cash, they are worth the $18-$22 I have to pay for them for a stick or two. On the other hand I LOVE Hemmingway's but even though they aren't "that" hard to find, I find myself willing to wait a month or two before dropping more than say $5 on a Short Story when the local shops are asking $7+ for them. Just a matter of perspective I guess. The Hemmingways I can find a lot easier than the Don Carlos, so the extra cash for them is worth it when I can't say the same thing baout the Hemmingways when I know if I am patient enough more will be around the corner.

Hope this helps.

Sam

I want to say I paid about $14 for the ones I picked up. I do remember it was more than MSRP but thats the name of the game with an elusive cigar.

I've smoked two of the maduro #6 so far and really like them. IMO it was much better than the Anni's. Obvious they're a bit pricey and hard to get but I would say go for it if you can.

My mistake...I was referring to the Anniv line. I've yet to try the '26 although I have it on good authority that one's headed this way :)

:D

PS - I totally agree with Horse and Shadow on the Padron Magnum Maduro. :thumbs:

YUP...$14.96 is right along the MSRP...I've smoked a few of them and I personally don't think they are worth the money(not much better if any than the Annies, IMHO)...but worth a try if you haven't had one...you may find them very good. I will agree with Kenny, Shadow and Horse on the Magnum Maduro.

I've smoked one of the natural 26's, it was okay but not that much different from the anny's. I did pick up one of the robusto maduro 26's at the shop a few weeks ago and plan to smoke that one this weekend. :D

The Magnum's are awesome cigars for the money! ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I've smoked one of the natural 26's, it was okay but not that much different from the anny's. I did pick up one of the robusto maduro 26's at the shop a few weeks ago and plan to smoke that one this weekend. :D

The Magnum's are awesome cigars for the money! ;)
He's alive!!!!!!

Where have you been hiding Lee? :D