• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964 Anniversary

livinloud5

Well i know its a little early for a cigar for most but not for me. Its a rainy day outside here in Augusta which means no work, and leaves me home alone. With nothing else to occupy my time besides the TV i decided to have a smoke, a fine one i should say.

The 1964 Anniversary Series was a very well constructed cigar in my eyes, this one had no soft spots what so ever and only one vein that really caught the eye. But im still a noob and still learning.

The burn started right at 11:40 a.m. at the first draws there was lots of spice through the nose, but not to much to push me away. And huge clouds of thick white smoke. Approaching the half hints of nuts began with the pepper still the same. From start to finish of this 64' Anniversary it stayed full bodied, any every draw was an enjoyment. The cigar ended with just less than inch at 12:50.

The burn of this wonderful Padron was almost flawless through the whole cigar until i approached the last third and had to slightly touch it up. The ash wasn't flowery or flaky in any way, is was a very light grey powdery ash that didn't drop until it was well over an inch. And last the draw, the draw was one of my favorite points of this cigar, it was PERFECT wonderful flow with just the right amount of resistance.

Price- $11.50

Blake.

P.S.- My first post and my first review.

Padrons are always good! Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Well done, which one of the '64 Series was it? One of my favorite line of smokes, with the Diplomatico probably being my favorite. Why don't you head over to the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself and then keep the reviews coming.

Well done, which one of the '64 Series was it? One of my favorite line of smokes, with the Diplomatico probably being my favorite. Why don't you head over to the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself and then keep the reviews coming.

It was the Diplomatico. Thanks for the replies.

Blake.

I had one a few nights ago (Toro size) and must say I was underwelmed. It tasted harsh/young and burned too quick. It did put out a lot of smoke, but even with slow smoking I couldn't get that harsh/unbalanced taste to go away. The last third tasted a little better, but not much. I was expecting more with all the good press these get. Needless to say I was a little surprized with this. It is certainly possible I got an off one. My local B&M just started stocking these, but at the price they charge (over $18 for this one after all the high NY taxes are added in) I won't be smoking too many of them. There's a lot of cigars that cost 1/3 to 1/4 as much that I enjoy much better.