• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964 Anniversary

c1garfan

Brethren,

It's time to review one of my favorites; the Padron 1964 Anniversary. As some of you may remember, I did a review on 3 very old 1964's before that were taken from my old and rare humidor. This specimen happens to be a bit younger. I bought this particular cigar in 2007, so roughly 3 years of age on it. I find these dont need too much age on them. They are incredible from the get go and only improve slightly with age.

As you can see in the pics below I have taken very good care of this cigar. The wrapper is in great condition with the box press holding sharp. These are very dense cigars due to the box pressing. There are never any soft spots or give when squeezed. On some cigars this is the tell tale sign of a plugged cigar, but that would not be the case for the 1964 or other Padron box pressed cigars.

Time to set fire to these aged leaves. First few puffs provide good smoke with a smooth 1964 flavor of a light roasted coffee. Those of you that have smoked these know that flavor. These are never overpowering putting the smoke in the light to medium strength category. The 1964 is great for its consistency and ease of smoking. They always provide great flavor without a nicotine buzz you often get from other cigars.

As I smoke through this cigar you can see the incredible white ash that forms. The burn is spot on with a very easy draw which allows for ample smoke. Again, I get a lightly roasted coffee mixed with rich tobacco flavor.

Just another wonderful experience with the 1964.

gallery_7858_979_40762.jpg

gallery_7858_979_25946.jpg

gallery_7858_979_13517.jpg

gallery_7858_979_2678.jpg

gallery_7858_979_29229.jpg

gallery_7858_979_23738.jpg

Nice review. I love the Padron 64's!