• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 2000 Maduro

chainer

‘Ello, Fellow CPers! Well, it's been about 5 minutes since I've seen a Padron review, so I thought I'd light one up and try my luck.

First review up here at CP, so “padron” any newbieness (or puns)! Onward with the review:

Notes, Cut, Pre-draw:
Super smelly stick, in a good way. Reminds me of chocolate, cappuccino, and, oddly enough, graham crackers. I couldn’t tell you why, just that I love it. This stick has ~6 months of age on it, most of it coming from the B&M. I would say this is a medium smoke. Wrapper is dark, rich and rugged … I’ll let the picture do the talking.

padron1.jpg

Perfect little cut with my Xikar. Predraw hints at… well, not too much here. Just really nice, well taken care of, tobacco. Lit it up with a good ol’ Zippo with a thunderbird insert.

Smokin’ the maddie:
So this is Padron’s cheaper stick, priced at around 3 bucks a pop. Don’t let this fool you, this stick compares to everything under the 10 dollar mark. How a stick this well made and this tasty can be sold for the price simply eludes me. First hits don’t provide too much flavor. I’ve noticed a trend, personally, that the first inch of the 2000 maddie line does not produce much to leave you wanting more. Of course, this changes.

Padron2.jpg

A few inches in, chocolate and coffee; this paired very well with my cappuccino. I wish I had graham crackers on hand; somehow this stick reminded me of them the whole way through. Smoke is plentiful and very clean. Laser-line burn with no issues. Not chemically and very well balanced.

Padron3.jpg

The last 1/3rd did not provide any changes, but instead keeps its welcome chocolate and spicy flavor profile. I’m tempted to say I picked up a bit of pepper. Other than the hints of flavor that tickle the tastebuds, just plain good tabaccy.

Overall, an easy going smoke that has complexity but not an overwhelming amount. If you haven’t yet, pick one of these up. Echoing the comments of several other CPers, you have no excuse, they are competitively priced and worth every cent. Sorry for any spelling, or grammar errors. It's around 2AM here :laugh:

Excellent review and great pictures. I love the 2000 :love:

I like the 2000 Maduro, its a good reminder that there are some really good "budget" cigars out there.

just plain good tabaccy.

You just described all of Padron. :D

Yeah Padrons have all kinds of flavors to them ranging from chocolate to coffee to leather to butterscotch, but in the end it still tastes of a good powerful tobacco.

I really should pick up some more 2000's to keep on hand. I use to always have a few but have not restocked since I last ran out.

Very good review! I think the Padron Maddie 2000 is one of the most liked cigars for the price/flavor. You were hitting all the flavors right on. Great job, thanks!!

Good review with good pics, well done!

Brian

....just plain good tabaccy.....
Nailed it. What makes even the "budget" Padron x000 series a fine smoke is the Padron tobacco. Flawlessly fermented, blended, and rolled to perfection in several price points. No gimmicks required when the basic tastes are this darn good.

Good review - nicely done.

Regards - B.B.S.

Great review and description. [hyperbole]Hands down the best cigar for the money. [/hyperbole]

Very good review, even with the pun. ;)

This is without a doubt one of the best cigars out there and it is definitely the best cigar for the money on the planet. They are very consistent, they are always very flavorful, and the construction is very good. I think Padron grows and rolls some of the best tobacco out there and after meeting and hanging out with Jorge Padron it's hard to wish the Padron family anything but the most success they can achieve.

Call it ass kissing, call it shilliing, I don't care. It's rare that I find something in the consumer market that I can appreciate and be as passionate about as Padron cigars. :)

These are my true "go to cigar". I never get tired of, they just keep gettin better.

Just ordered some of these b/c I've never heard anything bad about them! That's pretty difficult to say about a cigar with tastes being so varied! Figured I had to have some.

Brown

Just ordered some of these b/c I've never heard anything bad about them! That's pretty difficult to say about a cigar with tastes being so varied! Figured I had to have some.

Brown

A wise choice! I'm glad my review could help sway you, ya won't be disappointed. They age amazingly, too.

To everyone else, thanks for the positive reviews of my... review. :laugh:

Very good review, even with the pun. ;)

This is without a doubt one of the best cigars out there and it is definitely the best cigar for the money on the planet. They are very consistent, they are always very flavorful, and the construction is very good. I think Padron grows and rolls some of the best tobacco out there and after meeting and hanging out with Jorge Padron it's hard to wish the Padron family anything but the most success they can achieve.

Call it ass kissing, call it shilliing, I don't care. It's rare that I find something in the consumer market that I can appreciate and be as passionate about as Padron cigars. :)

Absolutely true! The Padron X000s are amazing smokes ... especially at the price, amazing, actually wonderful!

... The Padron X000s are amazing smokes ... especially at the price, amazing, actually wonderful!

I hadn't had one for a long while as my B&M doesn't have ANY! I visited friends and stopped in at a local B&M and picked up a 2000, 4000 & 5000.

I forgot what I had been missing. These cigars have a really unique flavor profile. Nothing else like 'em.

Great review... these are probably the best smokes available for the price imo. I have a box resting in the humi. Every time I light one up I'm reminded of how great these are!