• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 5000 and an ass kickin'!

Truckingtiger

Went to a little B&M in SLC today and bought a travel humidor and some Padrons (2 2000's and a 5000). Went to Olive Garden after for some soup salad and breadsticks...well, I wasted that money on the food. After I ate, gt n the truck and was headed back to the terminal and decided to light up the 5000. Everythign was going great until about halfway into it and I started getting a little buzz...no big deal, I say, it has happened on every single cigar Ive smoked so far. Little buzz but it always goes away. Well, NOT this time. The buzz got bigger and bigger. Finished off the cigar after we got to the yard and promptly walked into the bathroom and hacked my lunch up.

Im not sure if I smoked it too fast (took me over an hour to smoke it) or what, but it kicked my ass hard. Did I do something wrong? LOL

Sounds like a little nic sickness. Are you a cigarette smoker? If not then I would put money on that being the case. After you get a few cigars under your belt it shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure you are not smoking on an empty stomach.

We have all been there brother. Except Doc. That guy is tough as nails!

Looks like you got a little nicotine kick :)

Try drinking a soda or eating something sweet while enjoying your cigar, the sugar will help to offset it. Smoking slower / less draws on the cigar will also help.

never smoked anything else. HATE smelling cigarette smoke. IP, ill tak that advice to heart. I dont like paying for a meal then yacking it up. LOL

My first Padron 5k maduro gave me a little headache / dizzyness. First time I got a nic kick from a cigar.

The cola / sugar advice is a good one. I usually enjoy sweet tea with my cigars. Love the way most of them pair together and the sugar offsets any nicotine kick.

ETA: Slow down on the draws. Really enjoy the time spent with a cigar.

I have never thrown up from smoking a cigar and I've done some serious cigar smoking. But yeah, definitely was over loaded on nicotine. One thing you can do to help ease it is by eating a sugary snack. Something to remember next time. :p

Nicaraguan cigars are notorious for taking down even the best of us (if unprepared). IP has it nailed...just a little sugar and nicotine sickness is a thing of the past.

You'll back on this in a few months when you're only smoking the azz-kickers and laugh.

Are you a wet smoker? Some people tend to salivate more than others and this helps the nicotine enter your blood stream. That is the short of it. There was a more in depth thread about this a while ago, I believe Cigarstone was the originator. I would search for it and link it if I wasn't on my Blackberry.

I can't take credit for the sugar tip, it all goes to Dave (4cbln3). It definitely helps when starting out!

As others mentioned, it just sounds like a nicotine buzz. Some cigars can really wind you up, especially when you first start smoking! One of my first cigars was a Padron 1926 No. 9. I'll never forget it, partly because it made me so sick! I got so dizzy and nauseated from smoking it that I had to lie down for a few hours. (Still one of the best cigars I've ever smoked, nonetheless. :love:) I've smoked lots more stogies since then, some way more full-bodied that that Padron, and the nicotine buzzes happens very rarely now.
So no, you didn't do anything wrong! Once you start smoking more cigars, your body will adjust. A good excuse to smoke more often....you dont want to keep getting sick, do you? :laugh:

I can't take credit for the sugar tip, it all goes to Dave (4cbln3). It definitely helps when starting out!

I think we're all indebted to Dave for coming up with that one. Thanks Dave. :laugh:
This is always good advice. I always try to keep a couple fun size chocolate bars or hard candy in my travel humi, just in case. Sounds silly, but it's saved my ass during those times that I did have a nicotine bomb.

All great advice here. The 5k pairs really well with a cola, which will help. I usually have a small stash of chocolates on hand for dealing with nic kicks as well.

Please don't give up on the 5k because of this though. You'll be able to deal with it soon enough, especially seeing how you've taken to Padrons so quickly. Always great to have another Padron whore join the fold. :thumbs:

Just last month I smoked my first Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 and man
I had to crawl back inside my house, wow was I dizzy... after I laid down for
a couple of hours I couldn't stop thinking about that cigar. I have mad respect
for it, but I will definitely smoke it again!!! ;)

Yeah inhaling would be bad. I can't wait until a cigar gives me atleast a little bit of a nicotine buzz. I used to smoke and snus, which is quite a bit of nicotine. I have quit both recently so maybe cigars will start giving me a buzz who knows.