• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Fumas

nic

Here's my overly complex review of Padron's "new" fumas.
http://tuxspeed.com/cigar_reviews/padron_fumas/index.html

For those not interested in the link, here's my over all opinion:

"So, what do I think about this cigar? I really like it. It's not a replacement for a regular Padron, but if you're on a budget, or just cheap (like me) I think you'll be very happy. I plan on keeping these around at all times - or until Padron comes to their collective sences and stops selling these outside of Little Havanna. "

--
Nic Templeton - Seattle WA
Hotel - Tango - Hotel
WMRRA/VDR #848

Thanks for the review AND the sample, nic.

It really is a great little filler cigar! Smoked one of the ones you sent me yesterday

I just smoked one this afternoon. I really liked the flavor of it. It had a sweet undertone that tasted good. Pretty mild in all. My wife had the windows open and the smoke wafted inside a bit and she said it smelled "really neat".

I was less impressed, however, with the burn. It was very inconsistent and canoed several times. The filler was extremely loose, mushy, and didn't want to stay lit at all. I had to watch carefully that it didn't go out on me.

On the other hand, I do have a few, so maybe it is just inconsistent along the line itself, so I'll definitely be giving these another chance. Besides, for a buck a stick, it's hard to complain very much.

It certainly didn't taste like a dollar cigar. I have a few other cigars that cost this much and I'd take these any day over the other "bargains".

I'll have to give it a thumbs up. :thumbs:

I think the reason for the nice taste and the poor burn, as has been posted elsewhere, is that they are a short filler cigar from the leftover leaf from the construction of their more expensive cigar.

I will take the good with the bad in this case and be quite happy. Have had read similar experience with the Cuba Aliados Cazadores. buck a pop.

Definately a Holy Grail smoke.

Here is a place that has them cheap. $36.54 But after adding 37% for NY residentsthey won't be for me. Never dealt with them so this is not a recommendation
Superior Cigars

These are about $18 in Little havana. I have bought 3 boxes over the last year. These are ok of the shelf, but like most other trainer cigars, smoke a lot better a year later. Is it worth aging these? Maybe if you smoke a lot of cheap cigars. If you can get them for $18 a box, then it is worth it, but I don't think they are worth a penny over $20. I am surprised you found them outside Miami.

Emo