• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paging Mr. Moki

Nice pics! So how many cigars did you leave the DR with? Were you gifted any from Carlito?

:thumbs:

thanks for the post/info Moki.

I have to admit, when I think of "master cigar rollers" the young guys in the pics just don't fit the image formed in my mind! I think of old crusty men and women with geriatric fingers/hands from years of rolling.

Muley said:
thanks for the post/info Moki.

I have to admit, when I think of "master cigar rollers" the young guys in the pics just don't fit the image formed in my mind! I think of old crusty men and women with geriatric fingers/hands from years of rolling.
That's actually something I should have mentioned -- AF intentionally hired mostly young people, especially for their Opus X / Añejo rollers, because it was easier to teach younger people how to do what they wanted than break the different habits/techniques that the old salts used.

bfreebern said:
Nice pics! So how many cigars did you leave the DR with? Were you gifted any from Carlito?

Yes, Carlito was quite generous.

moki said:
bfreebern said:

Yes, Carlito was quite generous.
That's like saying my HOT girlfriend has an even HOTTER sister. If you're gonna bring it up and mention it............YA GOTTA GIVE DETAILS MAN!!!!

bfreebern said:
That's like saying my HOT girlfriend has an even HOTTER sister. If you're gonna bring it up and mention it............YA GOTTA GIVE DETAILS MAN!!!!
What if the HOTTER sister is a tease... like me? ;)

moki said:
bfreebern said:
That's like saying my HOT girlfriend has an even HOTTER sister.  If you're gonna bring it up and mention it............YA GOTTA GIVE DETAILS MAN!!!!
What if the HOTTER sister is a tease... like me? ;)
Story of my life............DAMN teases :p At least I can't get blue balls from this kind of tease. OR are they that good? :D

Something i've always wondered.

How are the rollers treated? i see pictures of workshops like that and they always remind me of sweat shops for some reason. I hope they are treated realy well.

evilphish said:
Something i've always wondered.

How are the rollers treated? i see pictures of workshops like that and they always remind me of sweat shops for some reason. I hope they are treated realy well.
It's all relative -- the conditions in the Fuente factory were better than anywhere I'd seen. Given the choice of jobs in a country like the DR, I'd say they are doing rather well.

With all that tobacco, is the factory air conditioned? Or atleast where the workers are? ???

cvmfour said:
With all that tobacco, is the factory air conditioned? Or atleast where the workers are? ???
Some parts of the factory were air conditioned, but it really wasn't very warm anyway. I'm guessing it was around 75 degrees in most of the factory.

moki said:
cvmfour said:
Some parts of the factory were air conditioned, but it really wasn't very warm anyway. I'm guessing it was around 75 degrees in most of the factory.
That's good...I've worked as a painter on new houses and let me tell you it gets mighty hot during the summer months. Luckily school started back and I had to quit :p :thumbs:

Thanks Moki for the great pics.....

who said you can't get blue balls.....

later,

Honey I'm home.......where are you sweetie :love: