• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PAM 1964

Snowdust

SnowNYet
Well BOTL

Was at the bosses house Saturday for our after Christmas holiday party. He made me pick the '64 Diplomatico Maduro from his humidor. All I can say is WOW. I've read everyone reviews here on that one so I really can't add anything else to that. It was truely what I have been envisioning a great cigar to be. I was a little hesitate to take it, not having had maduro before, But now I know what the maddie's are all about.

I post this because I am looking for other recommendations that you think compare and that I would like and are obtainable at will.

Not being one of great cigar taste terminology, I would describe my likes to be, full flavored yet creamy and not harsh. Part of next month fun money will go defiently go for a box next time they are instock online.

Just wanted to add my .02 worth, as only you guys would understand. It's kinda like that jeep saying, If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Snowdust said:
Well BOTL

Was at the bosses house Saturday for our after Christmas holiday party. He made me pick the '64 Diplomatico Maduro from his humidor. All I can say is WOW. I've read everyone reviews here on that one so I really can't add anything else to that. It was truely what I have been envisioning a great cigar to be. I was a little hesitate to take it, not having had maduro before, But now I know what the maddie's are all about.
You're right... I looked! :)

glad you enjoyed the cigar. My favorite size of the PAMs is the Imperial -- but a lot of people seem to like the Exclusivo (which is a bit smaller).

Snowdust said:
I post this because I am looking for other recommendations that you think compare and that I would like and are obtainable at will.
Well, I'd suggest getting a few of the Padrón 1964 Maduro's, because you seem to like them quite a bit. In a similar but sightly different vein, you can pick up a Natural version of the same smoke.

Recommendations beyond that... the only cigars I can think of that I REALLY enjoyed are unfortunately not that easy to obtain (Opus X, Añejo, etc) except for the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story (review forthcoming) and the CAO '65th Anniversary' Moda. Both of them seem to be fairly readily available.

Recommendations beyond that... the only cigars I can think of that I REALLY enjoyed are unfortunately not that easy to obtain (Opus X, Añejo, etc) except for the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story (review forthcoming) and the CAO '65th Anniversary' Moda. Both of them seem to be fairly readily available

Good, I have added most of those to my collection. Problem is only a couple of each so I want to save them all for the right time. I do get to enjoy more in the summer. I think I will venture into the CAO line next. They are plentiful and get good reviews.

I do have a natural exclusivo as well. The SS may be my next as well, but I hear that Untold Story crying everytime I open the humi up. :p

Snowdust said:
Good, I have added most of those to my collection. Problem is only a couple of each so I want to save them all for the right time. I do get to enjoy more in the summer. I think I will venture into the CAO line next. They are plentiful and get good reviews.
The CAO I'm speaking of comes in a gold squarish "tube" -- if it is anything else (there are other kinds of CAO's), I can't vouch for 'em, I've never had them.

Snowdust said:
While I've never found a stick that is the equal of the PAM I will make one recommendation that may satisfy that itch in lieu of the real thing.

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. Readily available and for less then $4/stick for the big torps.

lucasbuck said:
While I've never found a stick that is the equal of the PAM I will make one recommendation that may satisfy that itch in lieu of the real thing.
What about the Padrón 1926 Serie Maduro? How do you rate those compared to the PAM?

Haven't tried one yet. I will definitely post and let you know my opinion when I do though. Maybe I'll take one down next weekend. For some reason I'm always loathe to burn down a $25 stick :0

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. Readily available and for less then $4/stick for the big torps.

OK, I will go looking for it next and let you know what I think. Here is what some other people thought was well.

Other peoples thoughts

Thanks for the link. I don't think you will be disappointed although like I said it is no PAM. And no need to go looking for some by the way :sneaky:

lucasbuck said:
Haven't tried one yet. I will definitely post and let you know my opinion when I do though. Maybe I'll take one down next weekend. For some reason I'm always loathe to burn down a $25 stick :0
Well, that's like buying an expensive car and never driving it! :)

Another recommendation, Snowdust: if you can find an Arturo Fuente Añejo, buy one. Review forthcoming...

The PAMs are very good but I like the Anejos as much if not better. The are an OPUS X with a maduro wrapper (Anejo). Another maduro that I consider up there with the PAM for less $$ is the Oliva O Maduro - very smooth and good! :D