• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Panamanian Maduro?

Krautle87

Confutatis maledictis, voca me cum benedictis.
Well I've been promoted to "taste tester" at work, getting paid to smoke cigars is agreeing with me quite nicely so far. :laugh:

My first cigar that I was given to try was our current house blend, an unbanded maduro Churchill. It smoked well, was light to medium in body, and had a pretty decent "maduro" flavor, creamy and rich with a hint of chocolate and coffee. The construction and burn was fair, it burned a bit crooked at times and needed some attention/touchups. All in all, not a bad cigar at about four bucks for a Churchill.

Anyways, I was told that it was Nicaraguan, with a Panamanian wrapper. I've never heard of tobacco being grown in Panama, my only familiarity with the country is the account of the canal building in the jungles and swamps, not ideal crop growing land by any means. Anyways, does anyone have any experiance with cigars featuring Panamaian tobacco?

And I thought I knew all the cigars on the market. I've heard that Costa Rican tobacco was not too bad..

I've often wondered by they don't grow tobacco in the Florida Keys/ South florida being that it's so close to Cuba.

I've had Costa Rican Maduro wrappers before, but never Panamanian. I'm intrigued. Intrigued enough that I'm sending you a PM to see if we might work out a trade Krautle...