• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

partagas 898 1998

With a number 1 through 10. Some people use stars or thumbs. How do you rate it?

How do you guys rate this cigar?

Usually by waiting for a time when I can pay at least as much attention to the cigar as to whatever else I'm doing, lighting one up and seeing how much I enjoy it.
Though sometimes I may just ask someone their opinion and assign it a rating based on that.
I too prefer the 1-10 system though the flacid-fully aroused yardstick works for some

Seriously, it sounds like you may have happenned upon one of the London merchants currently selling this year's crop of aged H&F.
Is this the holy grail of aged cigars? No. But it is a fine smoke especially if the price isn't too large a chunk of your cigar budget.
Personally, I think the Bolis in that sale will do you better to see the benefits of aging. YMMV

What is the actual difference between them? The varnished and unvarnished that is. Thanks and sorry for the threadjack!

Don

Personally I wouldn't spend the big dollars on the '98 Varnished variety. The Unvarnished are cut and a uniquely wonderful smoke. The '98s are outstanding. Get them while you can.

898 V are Dalias

898 UV are Coronas Grandes

I guess later became sooner! So, is it the varnished or unvarnished??

You should go post a review and tell us what you thought! Remember, reviews don't always have to be all hardcore like Kingantz's!

LOL

Time to start smoking!

I've had some 98's in the last few years. 

Very nice smoke. At this point, for the money, I've discovered there are other quality smokes out there as well.

These are vastly inferior to the 97.9's, but superior to the 98.3