• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Black label

MountainPasser

Highest Passer CONUS.
I was thumbing through the JR catalog at the start of this week looking for something new to try. I have an unabashed love for sun grown wrappers. I was looking for full-bodied sun grown cigars. I found the Partagas Black Label line of cigars. A trip to my local tobacconist and I had two Clasico's. Tonight I fired up the first of what will become many.

Wow what an awesome cigar. Beautiful maduro wrapper, a picture perfect cap and a good solid feel. After cutting the cap I tasted the cigar with a few cold puffs. It had a very nice aroma. I had expected a harsh taste to the tobacco because of the “strong powerful full-bodied … bla bla bla” marketing spin but it was very smooth. As I toasted the foot I noticed pleasant smelling smoke. Three quick puffs and it was supplying tons of thick smoke. The draw was on the tight side of perfect. I think this was because my local store tends to run a little higher than 70 percent humidity. The cigar was full of nutty, cocoa tastes, and some small hints of peppery spice. I felt a little bit of a rush from the tobacco but it was nice. The burn was near perfect with a solid dark gray ash. I had to adjust the burn only once. Again I think this was because of the humidity. It left my mouth a little dry not a bad thing just interesting. I also noticed that my lips didn’t have that sour disagreeable taste when I was done. It had a very pleasant after taste not at all like the maduro mouth I normally get. I try and stay away from maduros but this time I gave it a shot because it was sun-grown. I’m vary glad I did. I will be getting more and I can’t wait to try one with some age on it.

-Mpass

Nice job on the review, do you also do movies? :sign: actually i just ordered a box of those for the hell of it... can't wait to jump in.

He'll review anything....one thing our boy MP is not short on is opinions. LMFAO.....

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Good review bro...I started to pick one up yesterday for the pass. Wish I had now.

I was surprised by how good a smoke it was. This was the first partagas for me ever. I’m planning on lighting up a partagas Serie D #4 tonight. FT and I are holding a mini after work herf. I can hardly wait.

-Mpass

I whole heartedly concur with that review, had one the other day myself, a big fat one, and I was waiting for that knock your ---- in the dirt power, never got it. It was just a good flavorfull smoothe smoke.

Great Review :D

well i have not tried one yet but after seeing the review i picked one up and i am going to try it in the next few days here. i also picked up a hemmingway and a few other cigars as well that ended up being $50+ for a trip that was only going to cost me ike10-$20...ohh well u only live once right??? ??? ???

Well I finally got the time to sit down a smoke one of these baby's, and I totally agree with the above reviews: thumbs: not as bold as you would expect, but definitely full flavored! I let it sit in my "on deck humidor" for a week at 65% humidity and she drew well, burnt perfectly and produced the most smoke I have ever drawn from any cigar. I could definitely taste the nutty, cocoa flavor for the first 1/2 or so, but the second half seamed to have more of a creamy, woody... I can't put my finger on it type of taste, but it was very good, no maduro mouth and a short finish. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have smoked two more since the first one. another clasico and the bravo. They were very good with the same flavor profile. The draw on the last two was perfect. They just needed some time to dry out to 70%. I like this cigar and will be buying a box very soon. I need to try the other sizes and then I will decide on one.

-Mpass