• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D No. 4 - LOOSE?

Corneighdo

Corneighdo
I had one of these famed D4 cigars for the first time last night.

I loved the strength (very strong in the second third), the size, and the very generous smoke. It was a dynamic cigar, with a lot of range in flavor from beginning to end.

However, the last 1/3 of the cigar was extremely loose. I was not gripping the cigar harder than normal and smoke robustos typically. I've read about them being somewhat inconsistent, but never heard of this looseness in all my review combing.

Any thoughts?

I had one of these famed D4 cigars for the first time last night.

I loved the strength (very strong in the second third), the size, and the very generous smoke. It was a dynamic cigar, with a lot of range in flavor from beginning to end.

However, the last 1/3 of the cigar was extremely loose. I was not gripping the cigar harder than normal and smoke robustos typically. I've read about them being somewhat inconsistent, but never heard of this looseness in all my review combing.

Any thoughts?
Please read these, follow accordingly.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forum/index.php?threads/rules-of-the-community.74825/

Also read here:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forum/index.php?threads/sources.3057/

Thanks. I did search for this cigar in the forum, but came up with nothing about what I described. I've read the rules before posting, I'll read them again, if I missed something.
No you didn't do anything wrong but coming on the board and only talking about the questionable cubans you have makes one feel you are only here to validate your source.

Get involved in other topics and stop posting about cuban cigars for now would probably be your best bet, if you truly want to be a part of this community. The information you are wanting will come after you've been here awhile and have shown yourself to be a contributing member here.

As for your original question it is possible to happen. Its a hand made product. Soft spots, improper storage condition, humidity level of the cigar, how fast you smoke them, all play a factor in how the cigar smokes. I've experienced loose draws as well as tight draws in the last 1/3 of a cigar many a times. Mostly do to inconsistency in how the cigars were rolled and humidity levels that they were stored in.

Last edited:
Thanks again! Yes, I totally understand. I won't let the fakes I got get in the way of pursuing a rich culture and engaging in meaningful ways in here.

Cheers!
And that's exactly how one does right. Seems like you'll fit in just fine here at CP. unlike others who loose their sh!t and start asking for their threads and account to be deleted. There's a lot to explore here. Read, chat, interact, contribute, you'll be just fine. We've all had our foot in our mouths at one time or another. I know I did. You'll be fine.

What type of cut did you do? The type of cut can also cause a difference in how loose or tight it draws.

ETA to also ask if you felt for soft spots in the cigar before smoking it. Soft spots were already mentioned as a possibility, but that's easy to rule out as the problem just by touching it.

What type of cut did you do? The type of cut can also cause a difference in how loose or tight it draws.

ETA to also ask if you felt for soft spots in the cigar before smoking it. Soft spots were already mentioned as a possibility, but that's easy to rule out as the problem just by touching it.
Standard guillotine cut, not too wide. Didn't overly inspect the cigar prior, but feel like I would have noticed some soft spots early on.