• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pasadena may ban public smoking...

What a shame. If it passes, it will put out business at least 3 cigar shops.

This really doesn't seem any different than is the current California law for smoking distance from buildings (often ignored) and for bans currently in force at many public venues. I can't think of any outdoor sports or concert arenas that still allow smoking.

The part that would be of most interest, but is not mentioned, is if this proposed "ban" would affect exemptions currently enjoyed by cigar shops and open air lounges (a la NeoMeze and Magnolia Lounge) in Pasadena. I'll keep an eye out for this in the Star News and Pasadena Weekly.

What a shame. If it passes, it will put out business at least 3 cigar shops.
Maybe not. Beverly Hills did the same thing and it didn't affect the Grand Havana Room. There is still an exception in the labor code about smoking in retail cigar shops. Just don't dare step outside onto the sidewalk.

More B.S. I will just have to find other places to smoke. Glad to see my So Cal brothers all posting on the same topic, btw we need to hook up soon (especially you chewbacco)... :thumbs: West Siiide!!!!

More B.S. I will just have to find other places to smoke. Glad to see my So Cal brothers all posting on the same topic, btw we need to hook up soon (especially you chewbacco)... :thumbs: West Siiide!!!!
Who are you? :cool:

Whew!

When I first read this, I thought it might be referring to Pasadena (aka Stinkadena) Texas!

Sorry for you Cali's out there.

MT

Whew!

When I first read this, I thought it might be referring to Pasadena (aka Stinkadena) Texas!

MT
This is your official notice to cease and desist from using my name, portions of my name, or any derivative of my name, in any way, shape, or form, to describe any person, place, or thing, in a negative manner. :sign:

Whew!

MT
This is your official notice to cease and desist from using my name, portions of my name, or any derivative of my name, in any way, shape, or form, to describe any person, place, or thing, in a negative manner. :sign:

I can totally picture you saying that to someone! :laugh:

Whew!

MT

pton126l.jpg

I guess it would be OK if you said the Cigars were "medicinal" or you stuffed them a la Philly Blunts! :whistling: :laugh: :laugh: :p