• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pasta in NYC

wasy

The wife is running a 1/2 marathon in NYC while I sit in the Park smoking a shorty, life is good!

She is looking for pasta the night before, does anyone have a hidden gem for reasonably priced pasta in Manhattan?

Carmine's. Italian Restaurant.
http://www.carminesnyc.com/

The prices look a bit above average in price, but the size they give you is ridiculous.
I doubt you can finish one plate of pasta.

The tiramasu was a delicious dessert that I would recommend as well.

Carmine's. Italian Restaurant.
http://www.carminesnyc.com/

The prices look a bit above average in price, but the size they give you is ridiculous.
I doubt you can finish one plate of pasta.

The tiramasu was a delicious dessert that I would recommend as well.

Looking for something with less quantity and better quality, it's touristy IMO

Florio's in Little Italy. It's only a subway ride away. Plus they have a smoking room upstairs. :whistling:

Nice one Rob!

Paesano's in little Italy had very good lasagna but this was done years back.

BiCE in midtown is one of my favorites. I will be dining there in 2 weeks!! Great bar, and the best veal parm I have had. Even though this is an upscale chain. The one in midtown is the origonal.
This is coming from a guy in Texas though.. I am in NYC every 6 weeks for buisness though..

Nice one Rob!

X2...My wife and visit the city at least once a year and after a day of museuming and trolling this where we head. There's also a great bakery (can't remember the name) on the corner for desert. Both are very authentic, have good portions and are priced right. Paesano's is not the fanciest on the street but if you want real at a good price; this is it.
Good luck to your wife.
Tom

Nice one Rob!

X2...My wife and visit the city at least once a year and after a day of museuming and trolling this where we head. There's also a great bakery (can't remember the name) on the corner for desert. Both are very authentic, have good portions and are priced right. Paesano's is not the fanciest on the street but if you want real at a good price; this is it.
Good luck to your wife.
Tom

Ferrara's. Great cannolis and Italian cheesecake. I like Veniero's better though. But if you're in little Italy then Ferrara's will fit the bill.

The wife is running a 1/2 marathon in NYC while I sit in the Park smoking a shorty, life is good!

She is looking for pasta the night before, does anyone have a hidden gem for reasonably priced pasta in Manhattan?
Not really a "hidden gem" but Becco, in the theater district, is reasonably priced and delicious.

Little Italy is very touristy in general. Babbo and Del Posto wil be near impossible to get reservation at on short notice. I would recommend Fresco by Scotto or Saclinatella. Both are fantastic.