• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PEGCC

emodx

Banned
Now this is a decent cigar! I received it the day before I partook in a 2 day drive. So between the smoke coming 1000 miles to my house and me driving 800 miles to my destination, it smoked very well with no set up time.

So to get on with it. Shadow gifted me 8 PEGCC's of 4 different sizes. After a long day of checking into the Navy school, going to class, and generally being run through the ringer because I am the oddball(thanks Coast Guard), I finally got a chance to pick out a smoke. I coulda picked out many fine smokes. Any where from a CA 92 rating, to a PEGCC that CA will never touch. Since I can't smoke inside, I decided to take my daily walk and explore the large Navy compound with something I never had(save the PAM/Opus/CAO for a nice single malt). I grabbed the perfecto and headed out.

It was a nice looking Perfecto. Nice dark brown wrapper, pretty good construction, fairly tight pre-light draw with straight forward tobacco taste. It lit easily with a small run. This run, even though corrected 3 times, was a pain in the butt. But I won't judge this gar by this flaw, as I stated it has traveled near 2000 miles, plus I was walking/herfing at a decent clip.

I walked past the ropes course, a good 1/2 mile, and the salt/pepper ash held it's perfecto shape until I decided to flick the 1 1/2 inch ash. The flavor was very consistant in this gar. I look for this in most of my cigars. Straight up tobacco flavor is the only way to explain it. No complex flavors, except tobacco. It is hard to explain. It was like there were 5 different straight tobbaco flavors, with nothing else except some pepper flavor toward the last 1/3. A definate medium strength cigar from the begining to end. No easy begining, structured build up, stronger end. It was consitantly medium from start till the end of my 1 hour walk.
This is not a complex gar, nor is it expensive. But I would smoke this in my rotation as an everyday cigar on 1 stipulation. That all of them are exactly like this, except for a straighter burn.

Thanks Shadow, this 1 made my walk that much more enjoayble. I am looking forward to trying the rest of the PEGCC's you sent me, not to mention the extra's ;)

Emo

Glad you enjoyed it Emo. I experience an uneven burn every once in a while with the PEGCCs, but these are in my regular rotation because of the consistancy of flavor/strength.

Nice review, Emo! Sam put one of those in my pass and I had wondered about it.

I've had a bad cold for about a week and haven't smoked but one cigar! I'm looking forward to catching up, may grab the PEGCC!

Leebo :thumbs:

Hey Lee...I smoked the JR Special Corona you gave me...Now that was a decent cigar. It didn't live up toit's complex nose, but still a pleasurable cigar. :D
Emo

Yeah, I liked them as well. Not bad for a $2 smoke!

I have two left, gonna let them sit and see what happens.

Lee :D

You know what happens when you let them sit...they get old! This smoke was consistant from begining to end. It ain't gonna better... It ain't gonna get more consistant...smoke it up and get on with life...LMAO...Anyways, thnks buddy :p

I have a GCC that along with the certificate band with Conterfiet in red, the bottom of the band has 1958 on it. I have had a PEGCC that had a green band with nothing on it but 1958, but have never seen the GCC and the PEGCC band combined like that. Anybody know of these?

Yeah....The Gpecc's not have the tax stamp band and coutnterfeit on the band added to the 1958. The GCCdon't have the 1958...2 different lines Michael...I say stop worrying about whats on the band and smoke it!

Emoo

I agree with the smoke it there Emo, just was wondering what it was and who may have made it. It was recieved a bit on the wet side, crack in the wrapper and all, I still am going to smoke it, but I am gonna give it time to settle out first.

Michael,
In case you don't already know, they are made for JR's.

Emo