• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Cuban Classic Robusto 1979

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
Wow, great cigar.

Construction: Very attractive rosado/maduro wrapper, with a fine tooth and very few veins. A little heavy for it's size, but not hard.

Prelight: Draw was a bit lighter than I expected, but not bad. Flavors of cedar and aged tobacco.

Initial smoke: This smoke hits hard with an initial blast of pepper, even more so than other Pepin blends. Made me think this was going to be overpowering on the spice, but the pepper soon faded back a bit to reveal more complex flavors of cedar and hints of roasted coffee.

This cigar produces a thick rich smoke, and packs loads of flavor into every puff. For a full bodied cigar, however, the flavors remain pleasing and subtle with a nice lively spice on the palate.

The flavor profile and aroma of the smoke are actually quite similar to a Cuban cigar.

About halfway through, the flavor remains consistent with a slight cocoa/mocha aftertaste. I really like this cigar, as it truly does reward a slow smoker with nice complex flavors. The burn is cool and even, requiring only a couple of minor touchups.

I can't wait to try this cigar with some age on it, the hard part will be keeping them in the humidor long enough without smoking them all!

A definite must-try.

pepincc1.jpg

pepincc2.jpg

pepincc3.jpg

I love these cigars. I also think that the Robusto is the best of the line, by quite a bit actually.

I like these best young. I would suggest that you smoke one a month, or so.

I just had my first one of these recently, and if I didn't know what it was I would have guessed it was Cuban in origin. Great smoke, I'll definitely pick up more in the future.

Nice review!

I consider myself stil a newbie after only a bit over a year of smoking cigars. I have only found a handful so far that leave me wanting more. I love when you finish a cigar and wish it wasn't done yet. This was one of those for me. Nice review of a great smoke.

The DPG black is a great cigar. Love them in every size.

I consider myself stil a newbie after only a bit over a year of smoking cigars. I have only found a handful so far that leave me wanting more. I love when you finish a cigar and wish it wasn't done yet. This was one of those for me. Nice review of a great smoke.
This is my thoughts exactly. I love Pepins anyway but the Cuban Classic is one that I can't wait to get home and buy a box or two of!

Great review and I love the photos! :thumbs: Oddly enough, the last couple of these that Shant and I tried were subpar with nothing but a charred wood taste. Sounds like we got duds, time to revist them I think!

Nice review of my "go-to" cigar. I also like em young. As a matter of fact I have yet to keep a box over six months. Also, very reasonably priced. I buy mine on the "devil site" $90/box of robusto.

Good review, Anthony.....:thumbs:\

I have had these and still prefer the Don Pepin "Blue" labels. I have Invictos, Generosos, and Preferidos all in attendance in my cabinet.....:cool:

Good review, Anthony.....
thumbs-up.gif
\

I have had these and still prefer the Don Pepin "Blue" labels. I have Invictos, Generosos, and Preferidos all in attendance in my cabinet.....
cool.gif

I tend to agree with you on the DPGs. I much prefer the blue labels to the black.

This was one of my first 10 smokes ever, when I had this, wow is all I could think of, great flavors, cedar, slight sweet tobacco, coffee, very enjoyable robusto.

I revisited this smoke this evening and I can tell you it did not let me down!! Great flavors, perfect construstion and just one tasty smoke. Thanks for sparking my interest into the cigar. Ohh and by the way nice review.

This is a favorite of mine as well. Still always have some on hand, never disappoints!