• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Series JJ Maduro... Robusto I think?

caf034

Top Striker
So...
I think I'll start all my reviews with So..... It's late already tonight so I'll make this a quick one. For those of you who read my Gurkha Legend review you know I can ramble. Here we go.

This cigar was just what I wanted. This time, it wasn't so much that I was fiending for a stoge and probably would've enjoyed smoking a twig, but moreso that I had the time and want to really chill out, have a glass of wine, and enjoy something. I've got a few of these Series JJ Maddy's in my box (along with a couple naturals), so I busted one out and sparked up.

Spicy. Black pepper to the tongue. Don't know about you, but I like black pepper. Maybe they should have traded Pepin Series JJ Maduros along the spice road instead of pepper. Anyway, the spice was beautiful and only lasted until about 1/3 of the stick, when it mellowed out into a creamy chocolatey draw. If any of you have ever had a chocolate dessert with ancho chile or chipotle or something of the like infused in it, you can imagine what I'm getting at. Gotta say one of my favorite desserts is a Chocolate and Ancho Chile Creme Brulee. Off topic? Yes. Irrelevant? No.

The spice was the type that tingled the back of my throat and my lips throughout the smoke even though it wasn't a star player for the whole show. I was drinking a smooth Syrah, that actually was a little watery to my taste but still some nice fruit. The acidity of the wine counterbalanced the depth and richness of the Pepin. All in all, great cigar. I'll wait to smoke another until I have some better wine, because I feel it deserves it.

Let me know what you guys think about it, if you've had any. And if not, I suggest checkin' em out, the price point is decent. Gotta say that thus far I'm pretty much a fan of most that I've had of Pepin's ventures, but this one has been my favorite.

Happy Holidays !