• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perfect!

Spad31

Previously, on Battlestar Galactica...
Heh. My middle-of-the-night-shopping-without-adult-supervision decision pays off today! :D

IMG_0663.jpg

-Trey

Slainte!

Nice one! I love a bent pipe. More of a pain in the neck, but so comfortable. 
Virginias will give you the hardest cake. Slower to build, but tough. Burleys build a fast cake but to me, not as hard.
I dunno about English Blends. I suppose maybe btw VAs and Burleys. Aros, I'm clueless. 

Spad31 said:
Heh. My middle-of-the-night-shopping-without-adult-supervision decision pays off today! :D

IMG_0663.jpg

-Trey

Nice combo there, Trey!

:thumbs:

MadMonk said:
Slainte!

Nice one! I love a bent pipe. More of a pain in the neck, but so comfortable. 
Virginias will give you the hardest cake. Slower to build, but tough. Burleys build a fast cake but to me, not as hard.
I dunno about English Blends. I suppose maybe btw VAs and Burleys. Aros, I'm clueless. 

In my experience (10 years smoking a pipe mostly with english blends), an english blend will breakin a pipe as well as a straight virginia. The problem being that it will «ghost» the pipe for future smokings... The reason I normally breakin my pipes with Virginias is that the breakin period will let me know what type of tobacco fits this pipe the best, because not all tobacccos fit any given pipe. Then, since virginia is pretty neutral, I can choose to go on with virginias, go with an english, or aros.....no ghosting. 

For example, a pipe that has the tendency, even with not cake present yet, to smoke cool and dry will lend itself better to aromatics, as they tend to smoke hotter and wetter. It can also be used to smoke anything else, but it has a «plus» for aros. I also find that natural tobaccos (virginias, straight burleys, semois, scaferlatti, ...) tend to smoke better in a pipe that has a bigger bowl, more contact surface. Then, you have the fact that if you're a clincher, and LOVE english blends and smoke big bowls of them, better get a full bent as it will be less stressful on your jaw!

As to cake quality with english blends, it's comparable to a virginia built cake, and it makes sence since the base tobacco of most english blends is virginia, with the added latakia and orientals. So if you know for a fact your pipe will be used to smoke english blends, may as well breakin with a good quality virginia-based english.....

Nice buy! How do you like that tobacco?

Rod said:
Heyo Rod,
 I like it! I'm a very pipe newbie, with too much tobacco too soon! i like them all for different reasons as my pallet starts to grow. The Eileen's dream is an Aro, of course, but to me, very smooth and flavorful in my opinion. Smells great! Was especially handy to smoke both the tobacco and the pipe (shamelessly bought the night you posted your thread about the St. Paddy's pipe and tobacco. Can't find the tobacco...out of stock everywhere. Smoked your pipe yet? Mine was cool and nice long slow burn for its first full day. Gotta try to get my hands on the Peterson matching tobacco...

Tried Officer's Club? VERY aro! Needed to dry a little before good burn would take without too many relights. Very dessert. Location, time, company probably helped make that my early fav. All time fave I read about and got in bulk is my go-to these days, the Sutliff Dulche de Leche and the Amaretto. Both were immediate hits for me. Gianni hooked my up with some wider, English, smokey non-aro good stuff that is so different. Love to chat with you sometime about tips and tricks and your favs, recommendations! I had your addy once years ago for a SS, but long gone. PM it to me and I''l send you some of the stuff I've been trying.

-Trey

Spad31 said:

Heyo Rod,
 I like it! I'm a very pipe newbie, with too much tobacco too soon! i like them all for different reasons as my pallet starts to grow. The Eileen's dream is an Aro, of course, but to me, very smooth and flavorful in my opinion. Smells great! Was especially handy to smoke both the tobacco and the pipe (shamelessly bought the night you posted your thread about the St. Paddy's pipe and tobacco. Can't find the tobacco...out of stock everywhere. Smoked your pipe yet? Mine was cool and nice long slow burn for its first full day. Gotta try to get my hands on the Peterson matching tobacco...

Tried Officer's Club? VERY aro! Needed to dry a little before good burn would take without too many relights. Very dessert. Location, time, company probably helped make that my early fav. All time fave I read about and got in bulk is my go-to these days, the Sutliff Dulche de Leche and the Amaretto. Both were immediate hits for me. Gianni hooked my up with some wider, English, smokey non-aro good stuff that is so different. Love to chat with you sometime about tips and tricks and your favs, recommendations! I had your addy once years ago for a SS, but long gone. PM it to me and I''l send you some of the stuff I've been trying.

-Trey

There is no such thing as too much tobacco.
Too much is just enough.

Seriously though -
You will probably not want to smoke the same tobaccos all day every day even if they are your favorits.
You need a little variety here and there.