• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perfecto Garcia Magnum

DangerField

I found a few boxes of Perfecto Garcia the other day buried in the humidor at my local liquor store. I found very little information about this brand. I couldn't find a single mention of the brand on this website. I found a few old, old CA magazine reviews that generally gave the smokes a "middle of the road" mid-80s rating. Apparently they were only made from about 1998-2001 by Lane Limited, which then sold the brand to Arango, who discontinued it. That means my particular cigar was about ten years old.

I found a description on milantobacco.com:

An elegantly packaged, full-flavored and spicy cigar line, it is handmade in Nicaragua with an Ecuadorian wrapper, a Jamastran Valley Nicaraguan binder, and a unique blend of filler tobaccos from Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic. A great value!

I picked a Toro size, about 50 gauge and 6 inches long. The wrapper was a rather drab looking, almost grayish, natural wrapper. The pre-light aroma was very bold and spicy. I am guessing the years of aging did a lot to mellow what had been described in the past as a somewhat harsh smoke. It began with a slightly musky old leather flavor then quickly melted into a nicely complex mix of nutmeg, roasted chestnuts, more leather, and subtle spices, getting creamier about halfway. I would place this as a solid medium bodied smoke, with rather gentle nicotine kick and a bit of pepper on the tongue. The burn was slightly one side, likely due to being stored for too long without being rotated, but the draw was perfect and the ash was sturdy and light gray. I am guessing it just fell through the cracks as a late cigar boom label, soon to be forgotten. I was very impressed with the cigar. Grab up any leftover boxes you can find.

I found a few boxes of Perfecto Garcia the other day buried in the humidor at my local liquor store. I found very little information about this brand. I couldn't find a single mention of the brand on this website. I found a few old, old CA magazine reviews that generally gave the smokes a "middle of the road" mid-80s rating. Apparently they were only made from about 1998-2001 by Lane Limited, which then sold the brand to Arango, who discontinued it. That means my particular cigar was about ten years old.

I found a description on milantobacco.com:

An elegantly packaged, full-flavored and spicy cigar line, it is handmade in Nicaragua with an Ecuadorian wrapper, a Jamastran Valley Nicaraguan binder, and a unique blend of filler tobaccos from Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic. A great value!

I picked a Toro size, about 50 gauge and 6 inches long. The wrapper was a rather drab looking, almost grayish, natural wrapper. The pre-light aroma was very bold and spicy. I am guessing the years of aging did a lot to mellow what had been described in the past as a somewhat harsh smoke. It began with a slightly musky old leather flavor then quickly melted into a nicely complex mix of nutmeg, roasted chestnuts, more leather, and subtle spices, getting creamier about halfway. I would place this as a solid medium bodied smoke, with rather gentle nicotine kick and a bit of pepper on the tongue. The burn was slightly one side, likely due to being stored for too long without being rotated, but the draw was perfect and the ash was sturdy and light gray. I am guessing it just fell through the cracks as a late cigar boom label, soon to be forgotten. I was very impressed with the cigar. Grab up any leftover boxes you can find.

Really?

I picked up a Corona Gorda sized PG "Mayfair" tonight. I'll let it rest in the humidor until the first mild day, then add a proper review.