• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Period for searching a cigar that you like

Isaac

Hi everyone! I am a newbie for cigars. I start to smoke cigars about 3 months ago.
I am still looking for a cigar that I like. Until now, I could't find one that I would buy again. To me, it is kind of confusing. Sometimes, I just smoke cigarettes in instead of cigars.

My question is:

How long did you find a good cigar that you like from the beginning?

Thank you very much!

Sorry you havn't found a cigar like. I started with a great cigar and kept on going. All I can tell you is keep on trying. Alot of people, old and new, are partial to the CAO line. Just an idea.

That's a tough one, the cigar you like today is not the one you'll like in a few months. Tastes change as you try different cigars you start to develop a feel for what you prefer. Some smokers prefer mild cigars and others like full flavor cigars. Since you are starting off, don't ever buy a box of cigars unless you smoked them before. You started off right by getting in the newbie trade so you'll get a varied selection of cigars to sample. Good luck on your quest to find your favorite cigar!

It took quite a while before my first box buy. keep experimenting, that's what half of this cigar passion is about, finding new flavor profiles.

Do the have to be spicy?, rich tobacco taste? complex falvors that keep changing?thin smoke that dissipates and leaves no trace? Thick smoke that clouds your pallette? Chomp down snd SMOKE it? or sit in quiet and experience it? Is cameroon good? would I rather have a natural or do I fee like maduro? Remember the one you had two weeks ago? Now try it in a different size.

Just kinda how my brain works when I go to the B&M and am looking at selection.

After a while and you better understand different nuances of different sticks you can better decide which ones you might like to buy again and have on hand.

Let us know what you've been smoking. That way we'll know what you don't like and could probably help a little more with better choices.

Go out and find the follwoing cigars and if you don't like these then I would consider giving up cigars.

Don Carlos Robusto

Hemingway Signature

Arturo Fuente 858 in maduro

Padron Annivarsary Exclusivo in Maduro

Ashton Cabinet any size

Diamond Crown Natural any size

Ashton Aged Maduro any size

Master,

nice selection! i've tasted a few of yourlist. i guess i will continue to smoke cigars :)

Make sure to not give up in your search of a cigar that fits your tastes. There are plenty to choose from .

Isaac said:
Hi everyone! I am a newbie for cigars. I start to smoke cigars about 3 months ago.
I am still looking for a cigar that I like. Until now, I could't find one that I would buy again. To me, it is kind of confusing. Sometimes, I just smoke cigarettes in instead of cigars.

My question is:

How long did you find a good cigar that you like from the beginning?

Thank you very much!
[snapback]279303[/snapback]​

Try out the Newbie sampler trade. I'm sure that you'll find something new that you'll like.you'll find it here.

I see you already did!
2) tone-ny Welcome! (Pending -Isaac)

I would not think a period of time is considered since I find new cigars to smoke some new and some old that I will like. Even if you do not like a cigar of good quality does not mean you will not like it at a later time. You could and will go full circle if you stay with it long enough. I have found the longer you smoke and are brave enough to try new things you will extend your tastes in the cigars you like and also develope tastes in cigars you might have tried and not liked but could end up enjoying.

I bought a few samplers the brown bag from ci for $20 had a good selection of diffrent types.

Just like everyone has said. You can find a smoke you like and find your tastes changing. Just give everything a try and find what you like.

It actually took me a while before I REALLY started enjoying my cigars mainly because when I first started out I didn't frequent a cigar forum and didn't know of a good place to do samplers or fivers. I was basically living on an island. As my resources expanded, I began experimenting more and finally found a couple that I liked (that list now has increased tremendously). Just keep experimenting, getting involved in cigar passes, trading, and buying samplers/fivers. You'll find some that you like if you keep experimenting! That's really the key not the period of time that you spent looking for that "good" cigar.

Good luck, and have fun with it - that's part of the process that makes this hobby fun! ;)

Thank everyone for helping me!

I believe that the main problem is limited budget but hundred kinds of cigars (like different brands and sizes). I am in a newbiew trade anyway.

I am on a somewhat limited budget as well. I've found that I just have to take it easy and make the most out of each buy I make. 5ers are really a good way to go for me as I get a chance to try more than one of each variety. I've found that some smokes I haven't liked the first time suited my tastes later. Most samplers (from the big online places anyway) only give you one of each variety and many times you get some less desirable smokes with the good ones.

The Newbie sampler is a good way to go (even though I haven't taken advantage yet) as you know you're not going to get bad cigars from the guys involved with that.

I guess my advice, newbie to newbie, is to take your time, make the most of each buy, and just enjoy yourself. It's tough as I want to try EVERYTHING right now, but I have a feeling my patience will pay off in the future.

Have fun!