• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perique Vintage 98 Connecticut Shade

Four Aces

CoventryCat86 sent me this a while back on a trade. I smoked it this afternoon with a martini after a lunch with a client [I ditched the client after lunch and went to my favorite cigar bar here in Houston].

This was a good cigar. I would put it in the mild-medium strength category. It is very similar to the Butera brand, which is a cigar I usually smoke as an early afternoon or morning cigar.

This cigar is made in Enfield, CT by Click Here. This is the second cigar I have smoked from them. The first was called Old Powder Keg, a lancero, and also from CoventryCat86. Which was the most even burning cigar I have ever smoked. Extremely well constructed, and with a good consistent taste throughout. These have been my only two experiences with CT Valley cigars. I am very impressed, and thank CoventryCat86 for bringing me up to speed on these cigars.

4A

Great review 4A, the OPK's are one of my favorites. The Periques are a little mild for my tastes but they are indeed a fine mild to medium cigar. :thumbs:

I'm real interested in the CT Valley area. I think the next NYC biz trip I do, I may loiter and tour some of that CT area. I'll need to map something out, and do some reading/research first, etc.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mike