• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Petition against FDA Power Grab

SkyKing

http://view.ed4.net/w/CR1RPR/ZOP5WB/Z2XZ8JS/IEFDQN/1/92d807ac4001db8d1c02/FORMATOVERRIDE=H

the FDA want to define premium cigars as those that cost more than $10.00. If they are going to govern cigars at all, I would rather that premium cigars be defined as hand-made versus machine made. 

I amended my petition submission to argue that the price point definition is economic discrimination against the working class. Perhaps leverage PC to work for us for a change.

Sad to say that science has been so politicized that studies are almost worthless. Many of  the study sponsors have agendas and are buying support,  the funding and grant system creates bias, scientists themselves are far from unbiased and the media cherry picks their science, reporting only the studies that back the propaganda for their politically correct world-view.

Point in case: The study that Forbes reported, which supports many previous studies, found no statistical or causal relationship of second hand smoke to cancer or other diseases. Predictably, neither the Washington Post nor the NYTimes reported on the study.

Similarly, both papers routinely ignore prominent critics of global warming theory. If global warming alarmists are correct, the world is coming to an end. If global warning skeptics are correct, the global warming party is intent on wrecking the world economy based on weak and sometimes falsified evidence. Meantime, Gore and others are getting rich on promoting the cause, while they jet around the world, dumping tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Too often public discourse is suppressed by impugning the intelligence, motives or moral character of those who disagree on the issues. Those tactics tend to make me believe that the media and advocates can't back their case with facts or reason. Mostly, though, I'm beginning to think they're just whining lemming packs, too dumb and to lazy to do the research. I worked in the media, and saw this sad situation first hand. But now I'm the pot calling the kettle black.

Well, Skyking, don't forget that some of them are just stark raving mad.  :laugh:  ;)

It's frustrating, but I am guessing that today we can vet "stories" better than any time in history.
I always say, follow the money, and you;ll get a clearer picture of motivations.