• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Phish is baaaaack!

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Very much looking forward to seeing the boys play again :)

3.06.09 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA
3.07.09 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA
3.08.09 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

Finally. I have been waiting patiently for this. This is gonna good. Real good.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The vibe of the crowd seemed to be changing quite a bit there towards the end of the last go-round. Meatheads, fights, cops, narcs, "serious" drugs, hustlers, an overabundance of trustafarians, etc.

Edit-->There's supposed to be a 2009 tour of some sort in addition to the Hampton shows. Dates and locations to be announced later.

It's about time. I already put in my request for the shows. I know I have little chance. Should be just a warm up anyhow. That last tour was an embarrassment. I wished I had never seen them in VT that last weekend, it almost ruined them for me for good. Hopefully they can get back to that Funky 99 sound again.

It's about time. I already put in my request for the shows. I know I have little chance. Should be just a warm up anyhow. That last tour was an embarrassment. I wished I had never seen them in VT that last weekend, it almost ruined them for me for good. Hopefully they can get back to that Funky 99 sound again.

Coventry was one of the worst experiences of my life. 36 hours in a car... with the ex girlfriend. ??? I thought 12 in the car going to IT was bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The vibe of the crowd seemed to be changing quite a bit there towards the end of the last go-round. Meatheads, fights, cops, narcs, "serious" drugs, hustlers, an overabundance of trustafarians, etc.

Edit-->There's supposed to be a 2009 tour of some sort in addition to the Hampton shows. Dates and locations to be announced later.

I dont know...that always seemed to be "the vibe". What changed was when you would have "the kidz....tour rat gangs fighting each other" Thats when it started to suck. Phish has always drawn meatheads, fratboys, cops, narcs, trust fund kiddies, and illegal activities.

eeeh. wasnt a big fan of 99. 98 was a rocking year, as was 93/94/95....hell I was only in middle school when I saw them then.

Trey's favorite venue to play and he's been the one pushing to get back together. Think they wont tear it up? put in my ticket order and then tried to get a hotel room. there was nothing left around the coliseum. Hopefully people will cancel when they get denied tickets.

I imagine the scene is going to be changed. Most of the people who followed phish (me) between 93-2000 are now professionals with jobs and families and not college students. I think its going to be more like the dead scene with your mix of hippies, doctors, lawyers, bankers, realtors, college students etc..

Phish hasnt been around for 5 years. Some people went all the way through college without seeing phish. Most people are turned to phish in their college years.

ps..ive seen over 100 shows and never seen a fight.

Last days of The Dead saw this happening. Phish never filled the empty spot for me so much. String Cheese and Widespread do what they can though.

First time I heard of Phish, I was most certainly impressed.
So the next day I went to the record store and looked for one of their CD's to buy.
I could not find them because I was looking under the letter 'F'. :laugh:
Ended up buying a Prince CD. lol.

an overabundance of trustafarians, etc.

Hey, I learned a new word today. Trustafarians
I remember them back at the Dead shows.

Saw them a couple of times in the early 90's playing small festivals. They were fun. There isn't much I'd be willing to see/hear in an arena sized venue these days though.