• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Photo Mosaic project... need your assistance.

Audi_kraut

This idea popped into my head one day and it has continued to bug me on and off. I shared the idea with Smokin'Sims over brews a few weeks ago and I think I've finally become motivated enough to pursue it. The idea stemed from Souldog's table and it is pretty simple. Create an Opus X cigar band image comprised of other cigar band images. The software to do this is now readily available, but I lack the cigar bands. Essentially I'd end up scanning each cigar band, cropping the white space, and plugging it into the software to sort out.

My only concern would be trademark issues. I'm not looking to profit off of the end product, but also don't want to be sued.

So before pursuing this, is there interest in an Opus X photomosaic? Concerns over trademarking?

Sounds like an interesting idea. As long as you're not going to profit, I'd say the ol' "don't ask, don't tell" is the way to go.

Sounds like a cool idea. I would be interested in seeing a sample.

You could probably find enough stock images of cigar bands on the web to do this. Rather than scanning in what you have one by one.