• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pics from the Masters

Just a few pics from a colleague at Augusta National the week of the Masters... Enjoy!

master.jpg

master1.jpg

master11.jpg

master12.jpg

master13.jpg

master14.jpg

master15.jpg

master2.jpg

master3.jpg

master9.jpg

Simply amazing. I really love the Masters. My favorite tourney of the year by far. I am very happy that Zach Johnson won. He seems like a great guy and played very well today. Thanks for those pictures.

Great Pics!
It truly is an amazing sight!!!!!

how i got the pictures...

THE Ohio State University sends turfgrass interns all over the world to work at various golf courses, sports stadiums, etc. theses were photos taken by the guy in charge of our international interns. he sends guys to st. andrews, carnoustie, and many other places. he also has guys from overseas working in the states. one of the perks of the job is he gets to visit all these guys. anyways, if you're with the maintenance crew, you're on the course before any of the pros. i wish i had half of the stories this guy has. he's met them all... tiger, jack, arnie, phil, ernie... and that's just the golf pros. oh, did i mention he gets to play a lot of these places free too?

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Linda and I are seriously thinking of not doing the Sturgis bike rally next year and taking our vacation at Augusta. Of course landing badges is the biggie, but if I can swing it...#1 on my lifelong list of things to do will be finally taken care of.

Very interesting Sunday at The Masters today to say the least.

Beautiful pictures....my pops just got back from the Master's. Someday I will go also ;)

I think it is safe to say that for all us golfers, the Masters is heaven. Being from Pittsburgh, we have the next major at Oakmont. In my younger years I caddied at Oakmont during high school. I actually was lucky enough to caddy in the 1978 PGA. I had a guy by the name of Buddy Whitten from Grand Rapids Michigan. It was truly something I will remember forever. I played Oakmont last fall - 36*'s and 20 mph winds. It was brutal. Some of the back tees they have built for the pro's are really long. Par 3 # 8 can play up to 260 yds. If Oakmont gets a week of hot dry weather, I believe the winning score will be +4 or higher. The greens at Oakmont are unbelievable. They have taken down all but a handful of their trees. I think they removed in excess of 4,000 trees over the last 10 years. It is now just high rough just off the fairways. I am hoping to get a pass for a day or two this June. It will be fun to see how the pro's handle the greens at Oakmont. Oh yea - it sure was now to see Zack Johnson win. He seems like a real down to earth guy.

Thanks for my new wallpaper.

Amazing pics. Can't wait to the US Open. I am actually a USGA volunteer and will be working one of the scoreboards on the course. Should be fun.

Those are some beautiful pictures, I bet you had a blast. That would have been a great way to spen a weekend.

Those pictures are beautiful! There is nothing else quite like the Masters, it is by far my favorite tournament. And it was great to have an Iowa boy that played for Drake (where I went to law school) win! He was obviously overwhelmed with emotion (who wouldn't be!) but seemed like a very nice person.

great shots. that one of Hogan's bridge is one of the best ive seen. i could almost hear a faint piano behind jim nantz throwing out another cheesy cliche.

Amazing Pics! :love: I think I'm going to have to reevaluate my "the best seat for a golf tourney is on the couch" policy.

Golf is just good day for fishing wasted.!

I think you've got that backwards! :rolleyes:

Just kidding; I love both! Which do I love more? That depends on how well my last round or day of fishing was. :laugh:

Edited to remove extraneous quoting.