• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pina Colada

emodx

Banned
Well, it has been very busy for me lately. I have tomorrow off, and it is ime to celebrate not having to work on a Friday! :thumbs: On the ship, the cooks know me well. When we are underway, Saturday evening is know as Morale Galley night. Any one can vounteer to cook for the crew. Plus, during any given day, I walk through the galley line and say hi to the cooks and mess cooks. We talk cooking or what ever comes to mind. Plus since I am on good terms, I get to sample the goods for the day. Chocolate chip cookies out of the oven with an ice cold glass of milk really is one of the simplest pleasure on earth.

So anyway, the local food distributer came to the ship today with different samples. One of them was a mix for Pina Colada's. The cooks like me coming in and chatting with them. They really can't make everyone happy. But I like them, and I come in and keep them company sometimes. Help chop food, or do what I can. So the Jack of the Dust hands me the mix and tells me to let him know how it is. Well this mix is by Rich's. Goto www.richs.com for the site. It is called Bahama Blast Pina Colada. The mix come in a half Gallon container. Pretty good stuff. Not overly sweet like some mixed. I followed the directions on the box
5 oz Mix
1 cup crushed ice
2 oz of rum
and I added 1 ox of pinapple juice from a Del Monte can.
Mix 30 seconds

Now I am generally not a Fufu drink drinker. But it isn't the dog days of summer yet, and already it is super hot. I made some of the drink. This stuff is really good! Try some if you get a chance.

Emo

You know, I'm not normally into the girlie drinks either, but Pina Coladas kick butt! I went to PR last year and I drank them all day every day. For an added kick try using 151. :0

Jeez, I didn't know you Coasties still got a Grog allotment. Puts a whole new light on things LOL!

I was in Ixtapa, Mexico about a month ago, and we sat on the beach drinking them made with tequila, the easy way was the way they did it, make up the mix with everything but the alcohol, and you can experiment adding different things to the mix. The tequila was really good, better than the rum ones, not as sweet, and a little extra kick/bite to them. They went down very quickly. :D