• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pinar 2000?

moki

el Presidente
Just picked one up from a box pass -- it has pre-embargo Cuban tobacco in it, blended with "30% Ecuadorian leaf, for a spicier, more assertive flavor"

Anyone had one of these? They any good?

One of the first 10 cigars I had when I was beginning the new hobby.

Probably the best and worst thing I can say about it is that I don't really remember the smoke at all. Totally uneventful with no memorable qualities (good or bad) it's wasn't a DR like the first Thompson I had (and promptly doused) but nothing attention getting like my first ISOM or CAO Brazilia.

-K-

I think you're mentioning the Pinar Serie B. Whatever number they assign to it, yes I've had it. To begin, doesn't it sound almost blasphemous to mix Cuban tobacco with anything? Something in your gut tells you it's wrong and, you should listen to it.

Stay away from these. If you're truly set on getting something in this vein, by all means stick to the Gurkhas (preferably the 1940's) pre-embargos. They are far, far superior.

MiamiCubano said:
I think you're mentioning the Pinar Serie B. Whatever number they assign to it, yes I've had it. To begin, doesn't it sound almost blasphemous to mix Cuban tobacco with anything? Something in your gut tells you it's wrong and, you should listen to it.
Not really; it's just another tobacco that can be blended. Anyway, I'll torch the stick and see how it is; thanks for the input from everyone. Sounds like it will suck. :)