• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pinar Del Rio - Habano Sun Grown

Lkyman

Sobrrrrrr
I had the opportunity to meet the fellas from Devil's Weed at the IPCPR this last week, and was given one of the new Pinar Del Rio - Habano Sun Grown Robusto's. I have to say, this was an awesome cigar. I was very suprised from the beginning to finish with this one.

Pre-lite and draw were very good. Initial lighting gave a strong profile, and my first impressions was this was going to be a strong spice bomb. The nose spice hit solid, but not enough to swell up the eyes with water. After a third into this the full flavors came out. The spice mellowed back a bit and I could taste some chocolate. I took a picture as I was walking the show floor with my blackberry (so pic is a little fuzzy) but this thing held onto the ash almost up to the label.
rtda1-vi.jpg

The finish ended with some dry earthyness, but overall - this thing was awesome. I never had to relight, and the burn stayed even all the way through.

To top it off, Juan and Abraham were great guys to meet and talk with. :cool:

Very nice review...thanks! I've really been enjoying Devil's Weed lately so this seems like a must try

I have to say Abraham the blender and roller was one hell of a great guy, With an exceltsy product. I asked Juan to send ome sticks with our devils weed order. I hope others enjoy this cigar as much as I did . :thumbs:

Scott- thanks for the heads up. I like the Devil's Weed, and this one sounds good. But the name Pinar leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as in "pre-embargo Pinar"

They dont use any fake pre-embargo junk.

"On June 9, 1878, the official decree divided the island of Cuba into 6 provinces placing Pinar Del Río on the west coast of the island. The mecca of tabaco cultivation and production, Pinar Del Río is a jewel of a region in the cigar world. 130 years later, Juan Rodriguez and Abraham Flores have joined together to pay tribute to the hallowed history of this famed tabaco-growing province of Cuba. These two men, with a deep family history in the respected cigar industry, have worked together to produce an incredible blend that will shake the foundations of the cigar world. Countless hours and a shared undying passion have been spent to release a blend that is worthy of the Pinar Del Río name. Juan and Abraham are proud to introduce to you Pinar Del Río Habano Sun-Grown and Pinar Del Río Oscuro.

Pinar Del Río Habano Sun-Grown showcases a rich Habano wrapper that laces the palate with rich flavor. The wrapper is a reminder of the great wrappers grown in Pinar Del Río, Cuba; wrappers that are deep red-brown in tone with a silky texture. Upholding the purist philosophy of cigar-blending, the artisans of Leoncio have crafted a smoke that is very clean and refined, unlike many blends today, all without sacrificing flavor. The medium-to-strong combination of tabaco leaves from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic entrance the smoker with notes of chocolate and earth. For a reminder of the 19th century in Cuba, enjoy Pinar Del Río Habano Sun-Grown.

Pinar Del Río Oscuro is rolled for the dark wrapper enthusiast. Utilizing a maduro wrapper leaf, Oscuro is a strong cigar that is supremely clean, a rare feat that is seldom accomplished by cigar factories today. Not for the faint of heart, Pinar Del Río Oscuro will satisfy the most scrutinizing of cigar smokers and leave long, layered notes of rich toasty molasses and brown sugar on the palate. Pair this cigar with a great port and experience the epicurean gifts of the earth. Smoke Pinar Del Río Oscuro and remind yourself that life is a gift.

Experience the product of Rodriguez y Flores and smoke Pinar Del Río the way the true cigar smoker should...for in the cigar world, all roads lead to Pinar Del Río. "

Pinar del Río

Robusto - 50 x 5
Toro - 54 x 6
Torpedo - 52 x 6.5
Churchil - 50 x 7 Habano Sun Grown

Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan / Dom. Rep

Strength: Med / Full

Pinar del Río

Robusto - 50 x 5
Toro - 54 x 6
Torpedo - 52x 6.5
Churchil - 50 x 7 Oscuro

Wrapper: Maduro
Binder: Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan / Dom. Rep
Strength: Full

Tabacalera Don Leoncio
DR. Location: Calle Real #1, Tamboril, Santiago DR.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7am to 4pm
Phone: (809) 570 - 9439

Pinar Del Río Cigar Co.
US Location: 430 Canal Street New Orleans, LA 70130
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7am to 4pm
Phone: (800) 641-5645
Fax (504) 527-6560

Alex, I have a shipment that is supposed to arrive at the shop today. I'll see about putting up a 5-pack deal.

Lkyman how are you doing my friend, have you had any more PDR's.. Which one do you like the best the OSCURO or the Sungrown.. let me know